Favorites Limitation?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dott

Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Noboby seems to mention the Favorites limit anymore. Does anyone know if this is still supposed to be resolved in some future download?

Last time I checked the 811 I had, it only had 96 favorites per list.

I got rid of it and replaced it with a 921.

Now I wonder if that was such a good idea... :confused:

I think it may be a TOTAL number, not per list. One of my lists is "HDTV", and only has a handful of channels. Yet, I can't add one to that list without getting the error message that the list is full.

Now that I've added a 510 to my HT, and will be using it as my main receiver, relegating the 811 to HD-only, I'm looking forward to being able to hide channels from the "All Channels" and "All Subs" lists, almost negating the necessity of the favorites lists.

GaryPen said:
I think it may be a TOTAL number, not per list. One of my lists is "HDTV", and only has a handful of channels. Yet, I can't add one to that list without getting the error message that the list is full.

Now that I've added a 510 to my HT, and will be using it as my main receiver, relegating the 811 to HD-only, I'm looking forward to being able to hide channels from the "All Channels" and "All Subs" lists, almost negating the necessity of the favorites lists.
Check the owners manual, it says you can have only four lists but an unlimited number of favorites in those lists. No where in the manual does it say there is a limit on the number of favorites you can have, just four lists.

rad said:
Check the owners manual, it says you can have only four lists but an unlimited number of favorites in those lists. No where in the manual does it say there is a limit on the number of favorites you can have, just four lists.

Ah yes. The owners manual. I guess if Dish says so in the owners manual, it must be true. Anything about the 921's firewire port in that owners manual? :D

But, seriously, the 811's Favorites lists are most definitely limited.

GaryPen said:
Ah yes. The owners manual. I guess if Dish says so in the owners manual, it must be true. Anything about the 921's firewire port in that owners manual? :D

But, seriously, the 811's Favorites lists are most definitely limited.

Back in December the engineer I talked to said it would be fixed in an upcoming software update. Promises, promises.

...and it should be "have a very understanding..." instead of "an". You probably added the "very" later. And, it should be "lets" instead of "let's".

Okay, sorry, I'm done with my "checking son's homework" mode... :D

Thanks for the responses. I've been playing around with some different OTA antennas and once I finally find one that works for my situation, I'd like to create a favorites list with just my HDTV offerings. I just don't have enough room to do this yet (got to keep the wife and kids happy too).
I guess I'll try to be patient...

It must be a total limitation.
I have a big list and a short HD list. Although I could add HBOHD to that list (no complaint about the list too big) after saving it, it just was not there.
Tried several times. I removed one from the big list and add HBO to the short list, it worked.
There was a limit on the number in one list but I have not tried that recently.
Fun and games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts