Favourite FTA Satellite/Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Curious to know what members here consider their favourite sat and/or channel.

Still on Ku for the moment, so am enjoying the PBS channels on 125w. Once the 6 footer is up, I'll be anxious
to connect to: This, Ion, MeTV, MyFamily and Qubu.

Cheers, K

impossible to pick just one really,

but i guess if i was forced to choose one it would be NHK World TV HD at 58w

or Fashion TV HD for obvious reasons :D

PBS World and Create to name a couple.

whatever satellite has a sports feed :)

if we're talking 24/7 then I'd say probably PBJ or Doc Scott :)

If we're talking 24/7 channels, it's a no brainer for me. MeTV all the way. My Gunsmoke collection is nearing completion thanks to MeTV. The picQ on MeTV blows away the picQ of DishNet's SD version of TV Land. Plus, MeTV doesn't crawl all over the screen telling you what's gonna be on next Tuesday like TV Land does. HTPC + MeTV + VideoReDo (to cut commercials) = all smiles here. :)

BTW, MeTV has a lot of good shows on it... not just Gunsmoke. MeTV is what TV Land should have been... but never was... not even back when they were better than they are now.

If we're not talking 24/7 channels, then I'd have to say whatever satellite the wildfeed for OSU football is on.

Cheers

I like KTV2 on 97W Ku. During the day they re-transmit a lot of home/family programs from the US, Australia, and Britain, and even some American movies late at night. I just saw today they picked up Martha Stewart LOL :)

I like the pentagon channel on 101w and few channels on 97w but manly anything in English and not religious programing.

Dan Rose

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)