Favre possibly traded to the Jets... I think

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Just clicked on ESPN from the NHL Netowrk.

It is reported that Favre has been traded to the Jets, at least that's what I think.

If this is 100% true, somewhere in New Jersey, Sandra's crying a tear of joy.

I know Packer fans are livid that's he gone, but at least he's not going to a huge rival or even an NFC team.

Last edited:
I think your right. I just clicked on Sportscenter and saw that he was traded to the Jets. The NFL Network hasn't said anything. Now it would be nice if the Jets actually won something for a change. Here in Conn. I listen to WFAN. I pretty much know what's going to be on the agenda today and it won't be the Mets losing or the Yankees winning. Oh great, what I want to hear MORE FAVRE!!
I guess the Cowboys/Vikings game will be pre-empted ... again!!

I think your right. I just clicked on Sportscenter and saw that he was traded to the Jets. The NFL Network hasn't said anything. Now it would be nice if the Jets actually won something for a change. Here in Conn. I listen to WFAN. I pretty much know what's going to be on the agenda today and it won't be the Mets losing or the Yankees winning. Oh great, what I want to hear MORE FAVRE!!
I guess the Cowboys/Vikings game will be pre-empted ... again!!

1. At least we have a solution to this whole thing.

2. Who IS your favorite NFL team? For that matter, who's your favorite NHL team?

If this is true, Brady vs. Favre twice a year will add yet another dimension to the "Border War".

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of hockey. I know you like it but I just can't get into it. I don't know if it's the lack of stars or their are too many teams but I just can't get into it.
My fav. football team is the Giants. I was happy they won this past year. I'll be honest, I don't have hate the Pats like some other people do. I wouldn't have minded seeing the Pats win because if they did, it would be history, which is what I wanted to see. Don't misunderstand me, I rooted hard for the Giants but if the Pats won, being undefeated would have been cool. I probably have hatred for the Cowboys and not the Pats.

AP breaking news just reported Packers have a deal to send Favre to the Jets.

I've also heard (but not mentioned in the AP alert) the Jets are going to cut Chad Pennington.

I can't wait to see how all this plays out, especially if Favre on the Jets stinks up the joint and ruins people's impressions of him from his Packer days. If that comes to fruition, it will almost be like Favre should have just stayed retired so people remember him as a Packer and his good days.

Another reason for Sunday ticket. Seeing number four in a jersey other then green bay,

Wow packers...not worried about Favre being traded to vikings?? Pack get three first rounders if Jets decided to do that.

Here is the link:

ESPN - Jets set for Brett: Packers legend headed to New York - NFL

As a die hard Giants fan, I have to congratulate the Jets . . . things just got itneresting because the Jets are not doing as bad as people are thinking. They were spenders this year and brought in some veterans and also look at their schedule; not menacing for good ol #4!

On another note, I think the Packers organization is a disgrace. If Favre is telling the truth, and I for one believe him, since last season ended the way they treated him, his career, what he means to that franchise is just despicable . . . seems like the fan owned team is no better than a conglomerate business owner!

[On another note, I think the Packers organization is a disgrace. If Favre is telling the truth, and I for one believe him, since last season ended the way they treated him, his career, what he means to that franchise is just despicable . . . seems like the fan owned team is no better than a conglomerate business owner!/QUOTE]

Both sides are to blame. I put the onus on Favre. All he had to do was make up his mind.

The sorry story began 3 years ago and has finally played itself out. Brett thought about retiring, thought about it a long time. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Meanwhile the team was waiting for a decision each season trying to plan draft choices, trade moves etc.

They and we got fed up with the games. "get this guy", "keep these guy's", "Hire this coach", if you don't I'll be really upset with you. Who's the Boss anyway?

As someone who in the past has had the responsibilty for hiring, firing and recruting employee's, I would have moved on alot sooner than the Packers did.

He means just as much to the franchise and the fans today as he will when he's inducted into the HOF.

As a long time Packer fan, we moved on when Lombardi "retired" then "unretired". Lombardi meant as much to us fans and the Packer organization as Favre does to today's organization and fans. Lombardi's legacy wasn't damaged and neither will Favre's.

I'll still wear my Favre jersey, I have a photo of Coach Lombardi on my office wall.

Just as Unitas, Namath, Hadl, Rice, Montana and E. Smith's (to name a few) legacies have not been damaged by their moves.

Good luck Brett! I sincerely hope you can end your career as healthy as you are today.

Go Pack!

Thank GOD this thing is over! We can FINALLY move on with our lives and attempt to enjoy the Olympic games.

It ain't over yet!

At least not for me!

My Browns open the Pre-Season playing the Jets tonight! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I can imagine the media circus that will be following this game tonight! Just great! Now I get to hear Favre's name mentioned 1,000+ times and see constant sideline shots showing dude in Jet's Garb for the first time! This is surely going to be a disruption to the game I anticipated since last December!

Both sides are to blame. I put the onus on Favre. All he had to do was make up his mind.

The sorry story began 3 years agoand has finally played itself out. Brett thought about retiring, thought about it a long time. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Meanwhile the team was waiting for a decision each season trying to plan draft choices, trade moves etc.

Strange coincidence it began when Thompson arrived in GB, don't you think? In hindsight it looks like he coudn't wait to show Favre the door. It's too bad they had to help their cause by spreading false stories about Favre calling the Vikings on a GB team owned cell phone. Favre also disputes the story about waffling on retirement and the chartered plane story. I'm with cjwct, I tend to believe Favre.

Strange coincidence it began when Thompson arrived in GB, don't you think? In hindsight it looks like he coudn't wait to show Favre the door. It's too bad they had to help their cause by spreading false stories about Favre calling the Vikings on a GB team owned cell phone. Favre also disputes the story about waffling on retirement and the chartered plane story. I'm with cjwct, I tend to believe Favre.

From what I have been reading, Thompson wanted to put his stamp on the team, and it looks like he has with the drafting of the QB's he has done. Looks like the writing was on the wall for the future hall of famer as soon as Ron Wolf was replaced

It ain't over yet!

At least not for me!

My Browns open the Pre-Season playing the Jets tonight! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I can imagine the media circus that will be following this game tonight! Just great! Now I get to hear Favre's name mentioned 1,000+ times and see constant sideline shots showing dude in Jet's Garb for the first time! This is surely going to be a disruption to the game I anticipated since last December!

HD MM,

you'll certainly have it worse than me tonight (because you're playing the Jets), but I'm sure Don Criqui and Randy Cross will talk about Favre/Packers/Jets ad nauseum tonight as the Pats open in Foxboro against the Ravens.

HD MM,

you'll certainly have it worse than me tonight (because you're playing the Jets), but I'm sure Don Criqui and Randy Cross will talk about Favre/Packers/Jets ad nauseum tonight as the Pats open in Foxboro against the Ravens.

Yeah, this story is far from dead. It will be ongoing for the foreseeable future. Favre's first snap as a Jet, first INT as a Jet, first TD as a Jet, first sack as a Jet, etc.

I can see a permanent camera fixated on Farve on the sidelines of tonight's game. Clips of his past highlights and clips of his press conference will surely interrupt the game as well. Ugh....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts