Favre possibly traded to the Jets... I think

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thanks markh; listen everyone, at the end of last season the Packers demanded an answer before Draft Day. Favre was not ready and was forced into a haste decision to retire; after considering it, he wanted back in.

Think of it this way: How would it have affected them if he didn't retire? You honestly think they still would not have drafted qb's? Please . . . Packers are to blame and I will love their 2 win season as a Giants fan!

Don't count on this being anywhere as good as their game last December.

I'm sure you remember their Monday night thriller; most-watched cable progtam in history.

I'll probably just watch the first half tonight anyway. It's like John Madden has always said, the third preseason game is the one to watch because it's each teams dress rehearsal.

Just clicked on ESPN from the NHL Netowrk.

It is reported that Favre has been traded to the Jets, at least that's what I think.

If this is 100% true, somewhere in New Jersey, Sandra's crying a tear of joy.

I know Packer fans are livid that's he gone, but at least he's not going to a huge rival or even an NFC team.

I know one person that is glad that Favre is back playing football.

[YOUTUBE]qCZZUPLl5zI&hl=en&fs=1[/YOUTUBE]

The Jets do have a Monday Night Game though.

Sept. 22. NY Jets @ San Diego- ESPN

Plus if the jets are in a playoff hunt, with flexable scheduling toward the end of the season, I think NBC would be inclined to add them to sunday night

Here is the interesting game:

Sunday, Sept. 14 – Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns on Sunday Night NBC

Let's see who else is playing that day . . . oh yeah, Jets are hosting the Patriots . . . hmmm??? Something tells me Steelers/Browns will be bumped that night !

Also, November 13th on the NFL network has Jets visiting NE; I would bet everything I own that game is moved to regular television!

That gives Jets 3 Prime Time games . . . more than enough for Favre!

Here is the interesting game:

Sunday, Sept. 14 – Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns on Sunday Night NBC

Let's see who else is playing that day . . . oh yeah, Jets are hosting the Patriots . . . hmmm??? Something tells me Steelers/Browns will be bumped that night !

Early season games are not subject to be flexed in or out. Pitt @ Cle will remain on SNF, and NE @ NYJ will be CBS' primary 4:15 ET game.

Early season games are not subject to be flexed in or out. Pitt @ Cle will remain on SNF, and NE @ NJY will be CBS' primary 4:15 ET game.

Thank goodness.

HD MM would go all Mike Gundy at the thought of his Browns bumped in favor of old geezer Favre.

It ain't over yet!

I can imagine the media circus that will be following this game tonight! Just great! Now I get to hear Favre's name mentioned 1,000+ times and see constant sideline shots showing dude in Jet's Garb for the first time! This is surely going to be a disruption to the game I anticipated since last December!

Well.... you don't know half of it. You get to watch the Browns' TV feed of the game, so they can tone it down because they are catering to Browns fans. Last year, I had to watch the Bengals' NATIONALLY televised preseason game in Atlanta during the Michael Vick saga, and you know how ESPN is. I had to turn down the sound and listen to the radio.

And thank God that Favre is already traded, because it's going to be bad enough on Monday when the Bengals play a nationally televised game in Green Bay. ESPN will be at it again, but at least he'll already be gone.

Just got back from lunch at a local Irish Bar/Grille....

I order the Reuban of course. While eating, I look up at the TV and ESPN is on. (Oh, great!) The same, "world famous QB now in NY", is on and off of the screen the entire time. Didn't he sign the new contract 2 days ago? Why is this not going away?!

Somewhere in between what seems like non stop coverage, ESPN decides to cover the other sports going on in the world. They cut to show the Mets/Padres highlights.... or so I thought! Instead of actually talking about the game or showing highlights, the first thing shown is a camera fixated on all the different fans at Shea Stadium wearing their "F*v** Jets" jerseys! Ahhh the torture! I think I almost spit up bits of sauerkraut and 1,000 Island dressing everywhere!

When will the madness stop!? :eek:

Just got back from lunch at a local Irish Bar/Grille....

Ahhh, Irish Bar/Grille.........HD MM, you're a man after my own heart !! :):up

I order the Reuban of course. While eating, I look up at the TV and ESPN is on. (Oh, great!) The same, "world famous QB now in NY", is on and off of the screen the entire time. Didn't he sign the new contract 2 days ago? Why is this not going away?!

Somewhere in between what seems like non stop coverage, ESPN decides to cover the other sports going on in the world. They cut to show the Mets/Padres highlights.... or so I thought! Instead of actually talking about the game or showing highlights, the first thing shown is a camera fixated on all the different fans at Shea Stadium wearing their "F*v** Jets" jerseys! Ahhh the torture! I think I almost spit up bits of sauerkraut and 1,000 Island dressing everywhere!

When will the madness stop!? :eek:

Be careful now HD MM, you don't want to be accused of whining now, do you? :rolleyes:

All the hoopla/fawning over his arrival is absolutelt RIDICULOUS!

This isn't exactly Mark Messier joining the Broadway Blueshirts in 1991: Messier was in the prime of his career, while the other guy is past his prime with fewer years left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)