FCC Approves Dish Acquisition of Sky Angel TPs at 61.5 W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If Dish were to replace or augment the E-3 satellite they would gain an additional 2 TPs since E-3 (nor E-12 for that matter) can provide signals from I believe TP 4 and 28.

24. FREQUENCY BAND(S): Place an "X" in the bo:mad:es) next to all applicable frequency band@). 7 a. C-Band (4/6 GHz) a c.Other (Please specify upper and lower frequencies in MHz.)
0 b. Ku-Band (1 2/14 GHz)
Frequency Lower: 12200 Frequency Upper: 17800

They have selected 12200-17800 MHz, is that in the Ka band or is that in the uplink range for Ku?

Post title says it all. Looks like Dish will have room for more HD. Now they just need to replace E-3. Perhaps it will be worth Dish moving E-6 from 110 to there at least temporarily.

AFAIK, Dish can not relocate another sat to 61.5 because the beam pattern is too different.

Does this mean there will be more room on 61.5 for E* to add more HD for us on the East coast? Maybe locals or do I dare to say more RSNs.

I do not understand everything that is being said here. What I did understand is that Dish will have room for more hd. Now the question is. Is that why they are doing this???

AFAIK, Dish can not relocate another sat to 61.5 because the beam pattern is too different.

The signal coverage from 61.5 W does not need to be fully CONUS. It only has to cover the eastern part of the U.S. Dish has moved other satellites that were designed for other slots. For example the E-1 satellite was originally deployed to 119 W but is now at 148 W.

They dont even need to do that.. they can flipp off echo 3 as an in orbit spare and flipp on rainbow one fully or echo whatever it is.

Rainbow-1 or E-12 can only provide signal from the odd TPs from 1-23 and TP 24. It can not do the even TPs except 24 and can not do any TPs over 24.

The signal coverage from 61.5 W does not need to be fully CONUS. It only has to cover the eastern part of the U.S. Dish has moved other satellites that were designed for other slots. For example the E-1 satellite was originally deployed to 119 W but is now at 148 W.

Um, that would be a disaster if those transponders were ever used for anything other than HD locals. There are more people than you'd think on the west coast pointed at 61.5 because

1) Voom wasn't mirrored to 129 initially
2) the dropouts from the fluctuating signal levels on 129

I do not understand everything that is being said here. What I did understand is that Dish will have room for more hd. Now the question is. Is that why they are doing this???

Not so fast. Those transponders allegedly have some issue that forced SkyAngel to reduce programming. If that story isn't BS, they may only be useful for things like international SD.

Not so fast. Those transponders allegedly have some issue that forced SkyAngel to reduce programming. If that story isn't BS, they may only be useful for things like international SD.

I believe the story to be BS. The transponder either retransmit the mux or it doesn't... it just doesn't transmit all of it except for one channel.

I believe the story to be BS. The transponder either retransmit the mux or it doesn't... it just doesn't transmit all of it except for one channel.

Yeah it was pretty fishy. I'm guessing the real story is their statmuxer broke and their backup didn't support as many channels.

A stupid question why can't rainbow 1 used all the even/odd transponders? Doesn't this give all Tps to Dish now since they acquired the ones from Voom plus sky angel? I thought R1 could use all the TPs..

A stupid question why can't rainbow 1 used all the even/odd transponders? Doesn't this give all Tps to Dish now since they acquired the ones from Voom plus sky angel? I thought R1 could use all the TPs..

Rainbow was probably saving a few bucks and designed it just for their licenses.

They wish R1 or which is now E12 could use all the TP's, they'd have the missing TP's at 61.5 lit up that E3 can't light up due to failures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)