FCC report on RSN's

I believe this the ruling that the FCC used to force RSN owners like MSG to make their RSN in HD available to all providers and not just ones that select. I.E. this is how FIOS was now able to have the HD MSG feeds.

I think this is officialy called the 'Dolan Sucks' ruling.

Sandra

If I read it right fcc ruling states guidelines for csn philly are now covered by conditions agree upon with the comcast/nbc merger. Will this force comcast to offer the channel at a fair price to both dish & direct?

The "fair price" for CSNP is the most easy to determine of all such disputes. What DBS pays per subscriber in Denver, or Houston, or Detroit should be the same as what it pays in Philadelphia. If we were talking about the X channel versus the Y channel, we could get off on all sorts of tangents about the relative popularity and merits of X and Y. But a three sport RSN is a three sport RSN.

The figure I would love to know, and never will, is the %age of dish penetration in the Philadelphia market compared to everywhere else. Whatever less it is are the people that think RSN access is really important. One of the most important numbers in the industry.

The figure I would love to know, and never will, is the %age of dish penetration in the Philadelphia market compared to everywhere else. Whatever less it is are the people that think RSN access is really important. One of the most important numbers in the industry.

I'm sure I saw it half a dozen years ago, and I think it was between one thid and one half the national average penetration. Does Greg Bimson still post anywhere? He is someone who might have that knopwledge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)