FCC STB review

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks like it pertains mostly to pay-tv STBs. Of course, if charlie gets scrutinized, he will likely bring up the subject of 'free' digital STBs. But then, I'm paranoid.

I am NOT usually a fan in Gubmint interference in ANYTHING, but I think its damn good and time for ALL providers to use ONE standard STB technology. Cable, Satellite, one standard. One receiver. No more proprietary boxes that ONLY work with one provider (like the Directv/DISH boxes/MOXI Cable STB) So you can have REAL competition among pay providers, because they you can go down to WalMart and buy a box for say, 100.00, that will work on ALL sources of pay TV, VIA Access cards just like they do it in Europe. Get tired of Directv's antics? Buy a DISH card. No LOS for satellite? Buy a Charter card and plug the receiver in to the cable hanging out the wall.

I would be DROOLING at the chance to use my Azbox to buy Directv or DISH....:)

"I would be DROOLING at the chance to use my Azbox to buy Directv or DISH.." Especially on a "pay -as -you-go " basis. Possibly even by the hour !!!! I know I'm dreaming, here.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts