Fear the Walking Dead (Walking Dead spin-off)

Just when things were getting better, they kill off one of the few likable characters in this show. :(

And remind me never to call the National Guard if I ever see a zombie hoard headed my way. My blind 93-year-old grandmother could headshot a static target through a chainlink fence at point blank range. Maybe the survivors should train and equip an army of middle-aged women with hammers to protect them; they certainly showed themselves to be much more capable in this episode. :p

If anyone didn't watch The Talking Dead afterwards, the host pointed out to the viewers who complain (on the internet) about what the people on FTWD a keep doing "wrong". You know, based on what's known from watching TWD - viewers know more about zombies than those on this show do at this point.

Yes they could of done the entire series as a two hour movie. It would of cut down all the slow spots. But then again the entire Waking Dead franchise counts on the many , many slow spots to stretch out their season. They call those slow spots "character development".

I actually think the slow "character Development" spots are what make these series work as well as they do. If it was all action all the time, people would quickly become tired of the same old thing over and over.

Reactions: Hall and MikeD-C05
I actually think the slow "character Development" spots are what make these series work as well as they do. If it was all action all the time, people would quickly become tired of the same old thing over and over.
True, too much of the action would get monotonous ,but I think this show has way too many slow points and not enough action. The first episode showed a riot, the last episode showed a zombie riot or overrun of the army base. The other 4 episodes were nothing but "character development." Maybe they need to add some more action to the mix to keep it interesting.

I don't mind slow spots and character deveopment if the characters are likable or at least interesting (I recently very much enjoyed a binge watching of two seasons of Rectify). It wasn't until we met Strand that I was really interested in a character on this show, though I did start liking Liza once she started working at the military compound, but then she gets killed off.

To top it off, no one in our group of survivors (except Liza and Nick, who knew nothing about it) even deserve to live after unleashing a hoard of zombies that killed dozens of innocent people -- and without a single iota of regret or remorse.

I don't mind slow spots and character deveopment if the characters are likable or at least interesting (I recently very much enjoyed a binge watching of two seasons of Rectify). It wasn't until we met Strand that I was really interested in a character on this show, though I did start liking Liza once she started working at the military compound, but then she gets killed off.

To top it off, no one in our group of survivors (except Liza and Nick, who knew nothing about it) even deserve to live after unleashing a hoard of zombies that killed dozens of innocent people -- and without a single iota of regret or remorse.

I have disagreed with most of the criticism of this show and the main Walking Dead show. I was feeling the same way you were about their breakout strategy though.

Sure the people who took them to this place against their will were jerks about it but they thought the best way to handle that was to unleash thousands of zombies on a hospital? Screw all the sick people stuck inside and the other people with problems like Nick who were taken there against their will. They got Nick out but the doctor lady had to kill all the sick people to keep them from being eaten alive because of their actions. Lots of soldiers who weren't involved in the kidnapping died because of this too.

It's a TV show so I'm not actually worked up about any of this but it just felt a little weird that no one in the group even questioned what they were doing. They had no reaction of any kind to all of those people dying because of them. There was no emotion at all until Liza died and she wouldn't have been bitten if they didn't lead all those zombies there either.

Reactions: TNGTony
I have disagreed with most of the criticism of this show and the main Walking Dead show. I was feeling the same way you were about their breakout strategy though.

Sure the people who took them to this place against their will were jerks about it but they thought the best way to handle that was to unleash thousands of zombies on a hospital? Screw all the sick people stuck inside and the other people with problems like Nick who were taken there against their will. They got Nick out but the doctor lady had to kill all the sick people to keep them from being eaten alive because of their actions. Lots of soldiers who weren't involved in the kidnapping died because of this too.

It's a TV show so I'm not actually worked up about any of this but it just felt a little weird that no one in the group even questioned what they were doing. They had no reaction of any kind to all of those people dying because of them. There was no emotion at all until Liza died and she wouldn't have been bitten if they didn't lead all those zombies there either.

Not to mention, on their way out of the neighborhood, they left the gate open endangering any of their neighbors who were too frightened to venture out once the soldiers left. Sure, we all know they're all going to die anyway eventually, but the main group of survivors doesn't know that yet.

That's just one example of how the stupidity of these characters goes way beyond the fact that they are totally inexperienced with how to best survive this zombie apocalypse. A lot of it is just common sense...like don't put your hand on the stove burner when it's turned on.

I got the impression that Salazar released the zombies on his own and the others were not really aware that he was doing that as a distraction. But I only watched it once, so I might of missed where they were all agreeing up front to do the release. Now leaving the gate open to the neighborhood, that was on all of them. They didn't seem to care at all that their neighbors and families were going to eaten by the zombies.

Well I image that after tonight's episode, everybody will forget about the season finale of the Walking Dead as they beat their heads against the wall watching these idiots going through the learning curve already established on the Walking Dead. At least we'll learn that zombies can either swim or can operate submerged under water(submersible zombies).

Well, if the show is ever in danger of being cancelled ,they can easily have the zombies eat the main characters and the show is over. BURP!:hungry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts