GEOSATpro feature suggestion

pacificrim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
West Coast Canada
I'm loving my MicroHd but had an idea that would be great for many FTA feed hunters - a scheduled multi satelllite scan. It would be great to set my receiver to scan the sky each day before I wake up, or come home from work. Love to see it happen.

Thanks

Timer scanning would be very nice. It would also me nice to be able to select which satellites are scanned for a multi-satellite scan instead of "all".

Jim

Timer scanning would be very nice. It would also me nice to be able to select which satellites are scanned for a multi-satellite scan instead of "all".

Jim
You can select which sats to scan in a multi-sat scan. Just go into the list of sats and check (activate) the ones you want and uncheck the ones you don't want.

Just an added thought. Channel databases are shareable - especially if you own both receivers. I have been drinking --- coffee --- with some programmers / equipment builders and ---- WOW!

I DO NOT KNOW or want to know how, but if such a feature could be added, I would suggest not trying to use the scanning receiver for regular viewing. I think ... I KNOW NOTHING .... the software / firmware could be written and installed in existing hardware, but to add it to other features could cause a whole pile of headaches.

Warning: Potential brain overload: 3 or more firmware codes on a USB thumb drive; 3 or more User databases / channel lists on said drive. Update by USB; ??? While you are at it, listen to the radio and have a slide show of you favorite dishes, family or vacation pictures on the screen (beach webcam?).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts