Feb 17, 2009 and analog channels on Comcast

WhitePolarBear

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
Gulf Coast Texas
Does Comcast (and any other cable TV providers for that matter) has any plan to change their basic analog channels to digital? I was told in another forum that the Feb 17, 2009 deadline only applies to OTA. Just curious if Comcast would use this as a reference to upgrade their service.

Potential issues: many unhappy customers - people who subscribe basic cable service do not need cable box today. They will have to if all channels are digital and will be forced to pay for the cable box.

the 2009 transition is for OTA broadcasters only. By the way i think Vince is right that the FCC has mandated or encouraged an analog tier after that.

At a Comcast office that services my condo in Tn, I was told that they plan on converting the local digital channels into analog after the deadline. Digital cable is relatively new there, & the system was just upgraded to allow HD service. Well over 90% of people there just have the basic analog service and most of those will be more than happy to keep just that.

I am surprised this is not more publically discussed. It's essential for people have limited budget. They should be informed so they know their Tube TV will work just fine after the deadline. There is so much misinformation out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts