Caller ID on Set Top Boxes (1 Viewer)

CableGuy98414

Oct 1, 2007
I just read that Cablevision is rolling out Caller ID on their cable boxes. This is a cool feature. Now I won't have to run into the other room just to realize I don't want to answer.

I found the story here

cableguy79

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 17, 2006
awesome awesome awesome feature.....a little window pops up in the top left corner of the screen that says the name and number of the person calling....very nice surprise, I had no idea cable was rolling this out.

cforrest

Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Long Island
For those that have this feature, since they have OV. Does this also display CID Call Waiting as well? I know on my HR20 Directv receiver it will display the CID Call Waiting info, which is nice.

gs0351

Nov 11, 2007
I just had this feature activated here on LI and it appears Call Waiting Caller ID does NOT work! But overall it's still a very cool feature.

chek_ya_self

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 7, 2007
Call Waiting w/ Caller ID working fine

I just had this feature activated here on LI and it appears Call Waiting Caller ID does NOT work! But overall it's still a very cool feature.

I'm on Long Island too and just tested it.
Call Waiting w/ Caller ID is working fine for me.
Make sure you have Call Waiting w/ Caller ID enabled via the Optimum Voice website. Optimum - Optimum Voice
It is a different optimum from regular caller id.

martin21

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 27, 2004
Fairfield County CT
As of yesterday I noticed that caller id is working in Norwalk. Great feature for us couch potatoes!

P.S. I wonder how this works. I have Cable Optimum Voice so I assume the coax cable connection carries the info. I do not have any phone lines plugged into the SA 8200. For people getting caller id who don't have Optimum Voice, do you have a phone line connected to the receiver? Just intellectual curiosity on my part - it works and that's great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts