Fed up with Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kodre

Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Hello all,

I've been with Directv for over 10 years, and I decided to upgrade to a new HD DVR (I currently have HR-20 700). I received the classic "we don't know what model you will receive" message from the telephone agent, but I went along anyway.
Today I received a reconditioned HR21-700 manufactured in 2007! Needless to say, I'm shopping for a company that may possibly have a little more respect for their customers and offer a DVR with a built-in RF antenna for use with an RF remote.

Does anyone know if any other provider offers an "RF" HD DVR?

Thanks

Hello all,

I've been with Directv for over 10 years, and I decided to upgrade to a new HD DVR (I currently have HR-20 700). I received the classic "we don't know what model you will receive" message from the telephone agent, but I went along anyway.
Today I received a reconditioned HR21-700 manufactured in 2007! Needless to say, I'm shopping for a company that may possibly have a little more respect for their customers and offer a DVR with a built-in RF antenna for use with an RF remote.

Thanks

They told you they do not know what you get, and you didn't believe them ...

This is common knowledge around here and if you want a particular recvr you should obtain it from a number of online places, including one of our Sponsers and current forum member Claude at Dishstore.

Solid Signal is another good place to deal with.

Hello all,

Thanks

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

All Directv dvrs are rf capable. Not all have external antennas. If you haven't activated the HR21, you can return it with no penalty. If you do or did activate it, you now have a new two year commitment. Too bad you didn't believe what you were told by the csr.

Last edited:
If you choose to stay with DirecTV you may consider buying an HR24, which has improved speed over the HR21-HR23's.
Runs $200 from internet retailers, sometimes can get on ebay around $170. The HR34 is a 5 tuner machine that is top-of-the-line but runs $300-$400 and is best gotten right from Directv.

Hello all,

Thanks

Huh? :confused: I've had an HR21-200 since 2008 and it has an internal RF antenna and is being used with an RF remote right now. Is the "-700" manufacturer series (Pace) of this model different in this regard?

You know you can get a RF remote with antenna from $15-$25 online. All HR's are RF compatible, but some need the small RF antenna

I had an HR21 and it had RF, but the RF was off by default. I will say though that the RF was pretty lame, it didn't work very well, my wife used to laugh as I was waving my arm around trying to get it to work. On the other hand the RF in my hopper works on the third floor from the first floor.

joed32 said:
All of the 20s are silver. When the 21s came out they switched to black.

Not all of them.

Attachments

• image-706996101.jpg
    image-706996101.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 192
  • image-3075327318.jpg
    image-3075327318.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 169
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)