Fee For G3 Card Even For New Reveiver With Old Card / Built In Card ?

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Has anybody had an issue with Dish Network wanting to charge for a new card even for the rebuilt or new receivers that had the older card in them or the built in card? How about for used receivers?

I was told that a new card is required to even activate the receiver and that they will not ship out a replacement but then you talk to someone else and they say that the system automatically ships out a new card for free if someone does not try to order one regardless of whether the receiver is new or used.

I think it is REDICULOUS that Dish Network is trying to make people pay to replace the cards, especially if it is a new receiver.

Call back and indicate you want to disconnect.....all those NOs will magically become YESes. Be cordial, tell them you like Dish but simply feel them charging you for a card is not reasonable, especially when DTV will give you new receivers for free.

Then again, you didn't mention what receiver you are trying to activate....you very well could qualify for a free upgrade to a BETTER receiver and wouldn't have the card issue.

From Dish's view, if your STB was not active during the card swap, they don't want to have to pay for it. Seems good corporate cost control.

However, I agree, if one is a current or long-time subscriber, and they want to activate an older STB that was not active during the card swap, it would be better treatment for loyal customers Dish to just supply the card free of charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts