Feed advice needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DL1OM

Mar 5, 2018
Hannover, Germany
Feed1.jpg Feed2.jpg C_Band_Feed.jpg
Dear Sat Guys,
recently I got an Andrew 2.4m dish wich was originally used for C-band. I would like to use it for C-band as well. What would be the easiest solution to make it usable for both polarisations? R+L
Regards
DL1OM

Magic Static

FTA Geek
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
:welcome to the forum DL10M
That is a nice looking scalar and feed. I have not seen that before. I would be nice to find one for both polarities. But I'm sure it would be expensive. :(
But easy would be to buy a voltage switched c-band LNBF with a conical scalar ring. Titanium Satellite - Store
I would try and adapt that LNBF to the stock conical scalar you have first. And if there wasn't a good way to make it fit I would use the other.

Brct203

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 24, 2016
Connecticut
i googled for such dual-polarity LNBs, but could not find any. I know they exist in Ku, with a C120 flange (Invacom, Inverto), but have never seen them for C-Band

DL10M, do you know if that's an adaptation, or is that LNB available on the market with that flange?

DL1OM

Mar 5, 2018
Hannover, Germany
i googled for such dual-polarity LNBs, but could not find any. I know they exist in Ku, with a C120 flange (Invacom, Inverto), but have never seen them for C-Band

DL10M, do you know if that's an adaptation, or is that LNB available on the market with that flange?
If you want to spend a lot of money, you can buy a CPR229G flange tee plus a second LNBF for the other polarisation. But the LNBF alone would be around 250$. I guess there is no CPR229G dual polarity LNBF.

DL1OM

Mar 5, 2018
Hannover, Germany
Another thing is the dielectric plate. It is known that these plates cause losses (-3dB ?). That's why some people use the AV-COMM waveguide polarizator from Australia. Any experience with that?
Anyway we still have very low temperatures in Germany. I am not in the mood to touch cold metal in winter. So my first tests will not start before easter time.

Cham

VE4GLS
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Hi DL1OM, is that 2.4m dish an offset or prime focus? Just in case it is a prime focus you might not want the conical scaler ring.

I have a 2.4m offset here I use for C-band, works well with a C2PLL (LNBF) and conical scaler. It came with a Ku band buc.

de VE4GLS :)

Cham

VE4GLS
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
2_4dish7 (Large).JPG

This is my feed setup. I did change out the LNBF for a better one, but looks much the same. Also I used some heavy plastic over the scaler opening to keep snow and rain from entering.

Reactions: danristheman
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)