Feed advice needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DL1OM

Original poster
Mar 5, 2018
Hannover, Germany
Feed1.jpg Feed2.jpg C_Band_Feed.jpg
Dear Sat Guys,
recently I got an Andrew 2.4m dish wich was originally used for C-band. I would like to use it for C-band as well. What would be the easiest solution to make it usable for both polarisations? R+L
Regards
DL1OM

:welcome to the forum DL10M
That is a nice looking scalar and feed. I have not seen that before. I would be nice to find one for both polarities. But I'm sure it would be expensive. :(
But easy would be to buy a voltage switched c-band LNBF with a conical scalar ring. Titanium Satellite - Store
I would try and adapt that LNBF to the stock conical scalar you have first. And if there wasn't a good way to make it fit I would use the other.

i googled for such dual-polarity LNBs, but could not find any. I know they exist in Ku, with a C120 flange (Invacom, Inverto), but have never seen them for C-Band

DL10M, do you know if that's an adaptation, or is that LNB available on the market with that flange?

i googled for such dual-polarity LNBs, but could not find any. I know they exist in Ku, with a C120 flange (Invacom, Inverto), but have never seen them for C-Band

DL10M, do you know if that's an adaptation, or is that LNB available on the market with that flange?
If you want to spend a lot of money, you can buy a CPR229G flange tee plus a second LNBF for the other polarisation. But the LNBF alone would be around 250$. I guess there is no CPR229G dual polarity LNBF.

Another thing is the dielectric plate. It is known that these plates cause losses (-3dB ?). That's why some people use the AV-COMM waveguide polarizator from Australia. Any experience with that?
Anyway we still have very low temperatures in Germany. I am not in the mood to touch cold metal in winter. So my first tests will not start before easter time.

Hi DL1OM, is that 2.4m dish an offset or prime focus? Just in case it is a prime focus you might not want the conical scaler ring.

I have a 2.4m offset here I use for C-band, works well with a C2PLL (LNBF) and conical scaler. It came with a Ku band buc.

de VE4GLS :)

2_4dish7 (Large).JPG

This is my feed setup. I did change out the LNBF for a better one, but looks much the same. Also I used some heavy plastic over the scaler opening to keep snow and rain from entering.

Reactions: danristheman
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)