GEOSATpro Feed Issue

We determined that this video signal is missing the i frame reference. At this point, we are unsure what type of signal this is. Need to consult with someone more familiar with MPEG2 encoding variables.

Is it an unique 4:2:2 profile, an ATSC profile or an IP steam??? Suggestions???

Might even try tracking down the uplinker to ask about the encoder or settings used for these transmissions.

We determined that this video signal is missing the i frame reference. At this point, we are unsure what type of signal this is. Need to consult with someone more familiar with MPEG2 encoding variables. Is it an unique 4:2:2 profile, an ATSC profile or an IP steam??? Suggestions??? Might even try tracking down the uplinker to ask about the encoder or settings used for these transmissions.
Thanks Brian for looking in to this not to sure what they use for sure but i know my buddy can watch it on his OpenBox S9 he tells me that is one of the crispes pictures that he has seen and my old Kbox Prodigi will show a mess up colours like its dose for HD channels it only a Dvb-s SD box but it shows funky colours on HD channels but thats all i know of this mistery feed Thanks Cor

Could you PM me with the S9 firmware version that your buddy is using and email me a copy of the .abs firmware file?

ALI engineers tested the TS in their test facility and they are stating that the missing i frame is causing the transmission to be not compatible for playback on their chipset. Your comment would suggest otherwise, but we will need an example firmware file to pass on to ALI.

Could you PM me with the S9 firmware version that your buddy is using and email me a copy of the .abs firmware file? ALI engineers tested the TS in their test facility and they are stating that the missing i frame is causing the transmission to be not compatible for playback on their chipset. Your comment would suggest otherwise, but we will need an example firmware file to pass on to ALI.
Thanks Brian i just talk to my buddie and he will get everything ready and send it to me in the next couple of days and he will also make a recording of the feed next time its on and send it my way and i will pass it on to you as soon as get the stuff Thanks Again for you help and lets hope they can find the issue

Sorry Brian been crazy around here last couple of day but i got to email you that S9 firmware to the email you send me hope we can get this mystery solved lol Thanks for all your help Cor

Thanks to phantom_76 providing a firmware file to help us solve this problem feed! Thanks Cor!

Beta firmware version 0.14 12042012 is now playing the feed in all of the 39meg TV Service. It looks gorgeous!

PM me if you wish to beta test this prerelease firmware. Please provide your email address.

Last edited:
Thanks to phantom_76 providing a firmware file to help us solve this problem feed! Thanks Cor!

Beta firmware version 0.14 12042012 is now playing the feed in all of the 39meg TV Service. It looks gorgeous!

PM me if you wish to beta test this prerelease firmware. Please provide your email address.

I installed the beta this morning, and its seems a great improvement on the CTV HD feeds. I noticed a couple of glitches (a momentary freeze with a third of one frame and two thirds of another) in the same show - it *could* have been a transmission/media error I suppose. Other than that, all the obvious artifacts are gone. Timeslip/recording were off.

Thanks Brian For all the work you did on this issue the Feed is back up wright now and it is a stunning picture wow real crisp and clear dose not seem to have any glitches working flawless Thanks Again Cor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts