Feedback from anyone from Santa Clarita, CA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

legends92

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Valencia, CA
I am a long time Comcast cable user and I'm getty ready to join the Dish Network family. Can anyone here from Santa Clarita, CA give me any feedback on your experience? My biggest reason of wanting to go to Dish now is the fact that I can get Local HD without a OTA? Thanks.

I'm in Long Beach, so we are part of the same market and get the same local channels.

Since moving back to Dish from Charter Cable a week ago, I am stunned by how much HDTV I had been missing with Charter. I absolutely love Voom (especially Equator HD and RaveHD), and the quality of my HD locals is good.

The only negative, which I overcame with an OTA antenna, is that Dish Network does not provide KCET 28 (PBS) in HD. And KCET-HD has different programming than KCET's SD feed. I would record a lot of KCET HD programs on my HD DVR with Charter, so it's nice that I can continue to do so with Dish Network through OTA.

Being in Santa Clarita, however, you probably won't be able to get an OTA signal for KCET, though. So, if you ever watched that HD channel on cable, you will miss it on Dish.

However, many of the programs on KCET-HD are on Voom, National Geographic HD, etc.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Robert

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)