Feedhorn/LNB Identification

Status
Please reply by conversation.
proposal:

In the near future, I'm going to have a Gbox and a USALS motor, so your question is something I need to think about, too.

Usually, the diseqc switches are kinda delicate (and there are too many brands to test) so it's not recommended you run a USALS motor on the output of one.
The Gbox however, is AC powered, so it doesn't draw any power from the line.

Ecoda 22khz 2-input switches are much more robust, and if I had to run a motor on a switch, it'd be that one.

We need more discussion, ideas, and testing, but let me propose a thought:
Take a look at the picture in this post in the Switches Simplified FAQ thread.
How about putting your USALS motor between the right diseqc switch output and the 22k ON input...
... then locate the Gbox between the left diseqc switch output, and the 22k OFF input?
How would that work for you (and others)?

Last edited:
That could work. I'm willing to try it anyway. I don't see how it could hurt anything. It would pretty much be like my original USALS setup only I'd add a 22k switch between the receiver and motor.

I tried setting up both of the motorized dishes using the 22Khz switch as Anole suggested. It didn't work like I wanted. My Gbox kept moving the big dish even when I wanted to just move the little dish.

I've also hooked up a 4dtv to the system and I got tired of switching back and forth whenever I want to change satellites, so I brainstormed and came up with a solution to the problem. I decided to just use the Gbox as a stand-alone positioner. It added another remote into the mix, which I really didn't want to do, but it seemed the easiest of solutions with my setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.