feedhorn question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
voltage-controlled LNBs for C & Ku

Well, if you intend to use it on Ku with your 4DTV , I believe you want the one that is NOT Universal.
Is that the 621 and NOT the 621-2?

Or also consider a similar unit from SatelliteAV, the CK-1.
Both are challenging to get working , especially on Ku, but a recent thread by Linuxman shows what can be done when you don't give up. - :up

There may be other considerations and configuration info you'll need, so watch for additional posts in this thread.

That second one should work, I don't really know if a 922 will operate a universal lnbf or not.
Most of us old time c-banders prob have always looked to Chapparal Co-Rotor feedhorns/lnbs.
I don't see why that lnbf wouldn't work, and you won't have to worry about burning up the polarity motor with that one, as it has electronic switching.

the reason I am asking is because I only see one port on both the feedhorns I have listed, and the dsr 922 has 2 ports on the back, one for c, and one for ku.

You want the ck-1 or bsc-621 The bsc-621-2 WILL NOT WORK with 4dtv.

My BSC-621 has been quite a challenge to get working its best. I have managed to squeeze more out of it but It is a bit of compromise between peaked c or ku bands.

I can peak it on KU and lose all my C-band and vice versa. I have found a happy middle that I can live with.

My homemade feedhorn seems to work much better so far that is on my 7.5' dish.

My 7.5' dish is getting a few point more signal quality on G-1 than my 10 footer with the bsc-621! I can peak the C-band but no glory on KU.

My homemade unit is a dms international C-band only lnbf with a hole cut in the tail end of with a .6ku lnbf stuck in the hole with jb weld. I trimmed the outer rings fromt he scalar from the ku lnbf. this left the tapered hole leading down to the feedhorn of the ku unit.

I aligned the polarities and jb welded them together and could not be happier.

Great performance. I think the internal scalar ring in the bottom of the BSC-621 is killing KU performance. Just a theory.

digital camera

OK call me behind the times but I have never purchased a digital camera!
I will go this week to Walmart and get one. Any recommendations for a digital camera btw?

Specs?

I am not just worried about being cheap.

I have a razr cellphone with cam, could I do a digital pic with it and transfer it to my pc?

I would be glad to show you my homemade creation. The other unit I made has been in service over 2 years on my 7.5' mesh.

Motorola RAZR cell phone as a camera

I have a razr cellphone with cam, could I do a digital pic with it and transfer it to my pc?
If memory serves, the original RAZR cell phone has a 640x480 camera.
Not exactly outstanding for prints, but pretty passable for internet posts.
Mine is a Cingular / AT&T Motorola RAZR V3i, and it has a 1280x960 camera (again, from memory).
The similar model from Verizon was 1280x1024 (?)

I've posted some pix with mine when I couldn't find a camera, and they're pretty good.
Just clean the lens and keep your finger out of the picture. ;)
It takes a USB cable with the small connector on the end.
I plug directly into my laptop, and read the phone like it was a USB thumb drive.

There are a number of different connectors, for different cameras, and with different pin-counts.
The Motorola phone and headsets take a (standard?) 5-pin on the mini end, and I think this is one.
Warning, there are 4-, 6-, and 8-pin connectors, so don't go down the wrong road.
Obviously, the price of shipping would outweigh the price of the product, but maybe you can use the link above as incentive or leverage to find one locally for under $2.

Here is the entire list of USB cables on the Monoprice site.

lucky, could you please link me… I want to make darn sure I get what I need, for I am a newb to satellite. I am amazed I managed to get the dish working as is. (it was a "get this thing out of my yard, and you can have it deal)

Truckracer,

It sounds like your Ku band lnb has rotated a little from where it should be. Sadoun has a bulletin out on how some 621s lnbs rotated and how to put them back to where they should be. Basically, look in the throat of the feedhorn and see if all the probes are lined up perfectly or if any are shifted. If shifted, rotate the lnb back. Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)