Fees increasing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You can add the PP the moment that you need a service call. As in during the same conversation when you are setting up an appointment. Without PP tech visits are $95 a pop. With PP it's $0-$15 + 4 months of PP @ $7 per month. If you cancel the PP before 4 months, there is a $25 fee. So I just don't have the PP until I need a service call.

Sometimes if you're lucky you can get a free tech visit even without the PP. my last service call was totally free and no PP required.

Typically though, I just leave the PP off and add it when I need a service call. Then 4 months later remove the PP.

As for receiver shipping, that is $17, however sometimes you can get it free even without the PP. 4 months of PP is $28 so if you only have one receiver failure then the $17 is still cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

OK, thanks for the info.

2 722 = $7 + $17 = $24

2 Hopper = $14 + $14 = $28

So still higher but I think that Hopper is worth the extra $4 by a long shot.

Are you talking about just two TVs? For one thing, 722 TV2 really isn't comparable to a Joey as it is just old-fashioned SD. So if TV2 were HD then you'd be making some sacrifices for that money saved, on top of the sacrificed extra SAT tuner, interface and HDD space.

722 2 TV = $7
Hopper 2 TV = $14 + $7 = $21
Difference = $14

Now, if you're talking about an additional Hopper + Joey vs an additional 722 then your math is right.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Everyone has their own feelings about this. But is converting a SD signal to HD for TV2 really worth $14 extra? Even taking in the fact that you're getting a third tuner, that's a tough pill to swallow.

With people dropping down their package to make up for the fee increase, if the price on their bill remains about the same, Dish still makes out because not everybody will drop down. Even on the ones that do, its 100% pure profit vs. part of the money that they have to pay the station owners. The only time Dish would lose is if the customer dropped twice as much programming (probably still would break even on it) or dropped something else that they make all the profits on to make up for it.

With people dropping down their package to make up for the fee increase, if the price on their bill remains about the same, Dish still makes out because not everybody will drop down. Even on the ones that do, its 100% pure profit vs. part of the money that they have to pay the station owners. The only time Dish would lose is if the customer dropped twice as much programming (probably still would break even on it) or dropped something else that they make all the profits on to make up for it.

Dish really won't care about those that drop their programming package level to save money...their profit margins are roughly the same for all package levels. The hurt would come mostly to the providers that have channels in the upper tiers. The equipment fees are a different story. Those are almost all profit for Dish. So the best way to make a statement about the fee hikes would be to drop Hoppers and Joeys from the account, which I'm sure Dish is betting that most won't do.
Yep. I must be writing my posts in invisible ink. :)

Last edited:
Actually, I'm grandfathered w/o locals so I'm currently paying $5 less, but I put full freight up there to be on a level playing field.

I know it wasn't the point of that post, but just a reminder if you did go to the Hopper system you most probably would lose the Grandfather status for locals.

I bet your right on with that thought. I can't speak for anyone but my family. This fee increase has made us look at everything. Trust me our bill will be much lower. We will just cut out the things we don't need....PP, BB@Home,Superstations. Then we'll just drop our package accordingly. I know not everyone will do that but from the posts here I think a lot of people might. Then again they'll just hit us next year with more fees and programming increases.

I know it wasn't the point of that post, but just a reminder if you did go to the Hopper system you most probably would lose the Grandfather status for locals.

Yep. Already established that would be the case. Make my MiL happy.

I wonder if an online petition would make any difference?Kind of doubt it but,couldn't hurt.

I was looking at the programing today, seeing where I could cut. Of course, my wife is determine to have Bravo, which we have in the AT200, but dropping down to the next package only saves me $10.00. Dropping the PP saves me $7.00. Which with the new fees of $14.00 would be a savings of a whopping $3.00! I don't think it worth it. If you're just a pretty basic subscriber, without all the premium channels, sports package, or adult programming, there's not much to chop away at. I'm in my contract for another year, so I'll just wait till then and see where everything stands with Dish at that time.
I will be dropping the PP, no sense giving Dish extra money for nothing.
Ghpr13

Actually, dropping down from AT200 to At120+ only saves $5.

Going on record... I'm not going anywhere, or changing anything.

I'm nearly the same. I'll drop BB@Home to just the Epix package as that is the only thing I care about. I'll save a whopping $3 with that.

Otherwise I'll be at AEP and the Epix package. But I'm gonna grumble about it! :)

Nothing in there talks about charging per extra box.

Actually I read it on tvpredictions website today. INstead of boxes I should of said they will restrict their stream to one device at a time in the same household, which would force additional subscriptions for those who want to watch Netflix at the same time in the same household. Also sharing the same account in two different households ,like your parents house and yours, could also generate another subscription.

www.tvpredictions.com/netflix042213.htm

Last edited:
Makes sense, actually. Allow many devices, but only one stream at a time.

Actually I read it on tvpredictions website today. INstead of boxes I should of said they will restrict their stream to one device at a time in the same household, which would force additional subscriptions for those who want to watch Netflix at the same time in the same household. Also sharing the same account in two different households ,like your parents house and yours, could also generate another subscription.

www.tvpredictions.com/netflix042213.htm

Perhaps this will help clear things up

New Netflix Family Plans: $12 for Four Simultaneous Streams

http://gizmodo.com/5995224/new-netflix-family-plans-12-for-four-simultaneous-streams

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/22/4...g-11-99-family-plan-four-simultaneous-streams

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)