Fees increasing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So even though my grandfather will never use the "whole home" ability he would still have to pay the full $14 Hopper fee. Yep that makes sense. Gouge gouge gouge Dish!! That's to bad. The PTAT would be perfect for him. He tends to forget some things. Oh well no Dish for him.

Ya, the Whole Home DVR fee should be attached to the first Joey, with regards to the Hopper. The Hopper has no means to distribute without at least one Joey. If no one orders a Joey, why pay?

Now, with the 622/722 varieties ... you could tie a cable out and distribute to SD televisions, so I kind of get that.

The Hopper though and whole home is basically null and void without a Joey.

It is kind of like buying a truck (Hopper) with a trailer hitch and asking up front to pay for the license fees on a trailer (Joey), when you don't even have a trailer.

The fact that the truck has a hitch is cool and all, but if you are not using it, there is no need to pay for the trailer.

Now the HWS has built in Sling, so that is kind of "whole home"'ish, so I could swallow that too.

The normal Hopper though is just a single TV device without a Joey or Sling.

Looks like this pricing is INCORRECT.

I will be posting a new thread in a few minutes with the actual new pricing. (Note: some programming packages are changing prices too!)

Yea we know that multisport is going up $2 and one of the spanish language packages is also increasing.

You mean they are going to take my suggestion to make all Hoppers $10 and all Joeys $3, with the first Joey free? :)

Ha, I wish.

I don't doubt that a DIRT member could get something wrong, but in this case I do believe what was originally reported by DIRT in this thread to be correct, at the time. Perhaps the fee amounts were modified after the fallout from the "leak".

Wow is way different then what i thought. I could be reading wrong looks like old customers don't have to pay more if they already have a 2nd hopper.before 5/22

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)