Fees increasing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I spoke with a rep this morning who seemed pretty knowledgeable in regards to this increase and was was really clear about existing customers not being affected by this increase. I hope this is the case as I am planning on adding a hws and will br sure to do so before the increase date.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Be aware of where you thread....and thread cautiously...
Ghpr13

ok we'll make it easier for you :) , don't believe everything you hear much less from a CSR....

Oh lol, believe me I know that. This time was different, she had the fee increase information in front of her and it clearly stated new hopper customers only. I know that until officially takes place we won't know for sure, butt if I am adding a second hopper eventually anyway I may as well do it before and maybe be grandfathered.

The Whole Home Fee is not for the Hopper itself, it is for the ability that the Hopper has to act as a server for up to 4 Joeys (I believe it is 4, maybe 3).

Think of it as a fee for having the node, not the hopper :D.

So even though my grandfather will never use the "whole home" ability he would still have to pay the full $14 Hopper fee. Yep that makes sense. Gouge gouge gouge Dish!! That's to bad. The PTAT would be perfect for him. He tends to forget some things. Oh well no Dish for him.

CSRs will say anything to get you into another contract ;) .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

They may not have the authority, but one of them commented and confirmed the fee on the first page of this thread.
Yeah, but they didn't address specifics on whether existing customers are exempt, which is the question du jour.

CSRs will say anything to get you into another contract ;) .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

While this may be true, we spoke of the fees far before an upgrade was discussed.

Yeah, but they didn't address specifics on whether existing customers are exempt, which is the question du jour.
we've already heard from DIRT regarding the fees. They haven't said anything about anyone being exempt.

sounds like someone got the usual wrong information from a clueless CSR.

we've already heard from DIRT regarding the fees. They haven't said anything about anyone being exempt.

sounds like someone got the usual wrong information from a clueless CSR.

Again, they did not say they weren't either. There has been no word from them regarding that information. Most likely sure top them not being allowed to say either way. This is not my first rodeo and I know when a csr is knowledgeable and when they are full of beans. I am not taking it as gospel, just thinking it is possible. We won't know for sure until an official word is released.

Again, they did not say they weren't either. There has been no word from them regarding that information. Most likely sure top them not being allowed to say either way.
it's naive to plan on anything else just because it's unclear. Dish grandfathering $11 a month out of my bill sounds like a prank by a CSR.

I'll wait for my bill before thinking any grandfathering is even possible...

Last edited:
Hang on to your hats, it's not going to be as bad as 1st reported.

Looks like this pricing is INCORRECT.

I will be posting a new thread in a few minutes with the actual new pricing. (Note: some programming packages are changing prices too!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)