Fees increasing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
why would you want to?...Unless a person has a huge house. Then you'd just want individual receivers anyway.

Some people seem to think that having 1 DVR with a bazillion tuners is better than multiple DVRs with slightly less tuners.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

With over 2 million hoppers deployed, probably more realistic 2 1/2 to 3 million they are in a very good position to have a serious cash infusion with this increase.

Wonder if this increase has anything to do with the possible sprint merge?

Or maybe getting ready for the September Disney contract renewal?

Also, don't forget Dish's Facebook page as a venue for voicing our displeasure.

It probably won't make a hill of beans difference but,at least we can vent,and possibly get their attention.

So let's see.

MRV going up $4, that's more than double the current
2nd Hopper doubling in fee

Direct is offering the moon and stars and a $200 rebate for ETF. Of course, I'm too soon returned to make that even out, but it sure makes switching at the 1 year point very doable.

Time to get out the old spreadsheet again!

I sincerely hope Charlie Ergen,Joe Clayton,and whomever is responsible for the new fees get to read this thread.Even the most loyal of Dish customers are going to have an issue with these exorbitant fees.
they didn't get it when they introduced the first DVR fee long ago (510 or 512)..they don't care..never did never will

So it's basically $14 per Hopper and $7 per Joey now.

So it's basically $14 per Hopper and $7 per Joey now.

Yup, with this news they should just do away with the whole home fee & call it what it is.

Just when I was ready to pull the trigger on an upgrade to the Hopper, Dish manages to make me reconsider.

Now my question is, how does this new fee structure compare to DirecTV? Say you wanted 12 whole-home tuners, exactly how much would that cost in monthly fees?

Directv pricing is rather easy for receivers
$10 DVR fee for whole account
$5 for whole home
$6 for receiver regardless of what it is. If you get a HR34 (Genie) and 4 HR24's (dual tuner units) you're looking
$15 + $24 = $39

$5 for whole home
$6 for receiver regardless of what it is. If you get a HR34 (Genie) and 4 HR24's (dual tuner units) you're looking
$15 + $24 = $39

What about HR44?

So much for the Hopper's trend of increasing subscriber numbers. New subs will decrease and churn will increase.

So let's see.

MRV going up $4, that's more than double the current
2nd Hopper doubling in fee

Direct is offering the moon and stars and a $200 rebate for ETF. Of course, I'm too soon returned to make that even out, but it sure makes switching at the 1 year point very doable.

Time to get out the old spreadsheet again!

A quick calculation shows me that the new fees for me will go from $17 now to $28 then. A 61% increase.

Yep, a switch at the one year mark is definitely in order.

$5 for whole home
$15 + $24 = $39

The only bad part of that scenario is that Directv only discounts the advanced receiver fee $10 for 2 years with auto pay. I know some have been able to extend it, but it will take a phone call & hoops to jump through.

Thanks mang. How many of those HR24s would I have to purchase?

Directv mainly just leases the equipment. I just went on there and could lease 5 of them + the Genie
Genie is free but the HD DVR's were $199 each

You can always go to the site and play with the options

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts