Fees increasing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just too bad they sucked so many people in and THEN hit them with the increase. Bait and switch. Still milking my 6+ year old 622 for now.
This fish saw the hook and didn't take the bait. ;)

So now my equipment fees jump from $38 to $63, ON TOP of the fact that two Hoppers are owned and costed a pretty penny from the get-go. Perhaps this is why they made the HwS only $199?

Thanks, Dish.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Well, now the discrepancy with charges benefiting households with more than 3 TVs has finally evened out. Now we all are paying too much.

I need my two DVR's really, my answer is to drop programming. I for sure wont keep it all the way it is now, the bill is already over $150.

I think these rate adjustments could get postponed, if we raise enough stink about it ala Netflix (I think it was Netflix) with their proposed rate increase a few years ago.
i think the only thing that will sway them is if they see fewer people upgrading or fewer new customers. Could take months before they figure that out.

I wonder if many people calling asking to be switched back to ViP equipment would send the message? :)

I need my two DVR's really, my answer is to drop programming. I for sure wont keep it all the way it is now, the bill is already over $150.

I enjoy the Two Hopper/1 Joey Set up I have and the features I have. But while I dont want to, will dropp BB@home to start for cost

As already stated ... folks were realizing that the cost of the second Hopper was the same monthly cost as a Joey ... so if you've got the $100 ... why not get a second Hopper ... more tuners, extra hard drive space, etc ... definitely the most bang for your buck from a monthly cost perspective.

Now, folks are going to really think hard about that second Hopper. I am one of them. I was going to order 2 Hoppers and call it good ... forgetting about the Joey's altogether. Now ... I am going to have to rethink things again. For that price ... Netflix is looking attractive.

Greed is what it boils down to & they don't treat their employees any different.

The other day in the installer zone 1 of the inhouse dish guys said he had to meet a $2500 deductible on his med ins before it would cover anything. Yet dish has $25 billion to offer sprint. :confused:

I wonder if many people calling asking to be switched back to ViP equipment would send the message? :)

ViP pricing structure is just as ridiculous. I was thinking that Dish finally had the feed about right with Hopper, especially since we have to pay a LEASE FEE for OWNED receivers.

As already stated ... folks were realizing that the cost of the second Hopper was the same monthly cost as a Joey ... so if you've got the $100 ... why not get a second Hopper ... more tuners, extra hard drive space, etc ... definitely the most bang for your buck from a monthly cost perspective.

Now, folks are going to really think hard about that second Hopper. I am one of them. I was going to order 2 Hoppers and call it good ... forgetting about the Joey's altogether. Now ... I am going to have to rethink things again. For that price ... Netflix is looking attractive.

Dont go thinking every paid just $100 for their second Hopper...

I paid $200 for my second Hopper a year ago. Then about $430 + $100 in multiswitch costs for Hopper #3, then $100 for HwS swapout, then another $200 for another HwS.

The other day in the installer zone 1 of the inhouse dish guys said he had to meet a $2500 deductible on his med ins before it would cover anything. Yet dish has $25 billion to offer sprint. :confused:
What kind of insurance do you have? My insurance here is the same way I need to meet the $2500 deductible, then after that everything is covered. My insurance has been that way here for almost 10 years.

Now my question is, how does this new fee structure compare to DirecTV? Say you wanted 12 whole-home tuners, exactly how much would that cost in monthly fees?

Good question, but Ive made up my mind Im sticking with dual Hoppers (not going back to Directv), so to save my self the rise in blood pressure, Ill just watch the bill and adjust my programming accordingly when it rises.

The price increase hasn't gone into effect yet, but there will be an increase on the equipment. This is to reflect the costs associated with providing all the features that come with the Hopper. Much like how a regular solo receiver is $7, but a Duo is $14, or a Duo DVR is $17. The increase will only affect the whole-home DVR fee, and the Hopper. Joey's will remain at $7. This takes effect as of May 22nd.
That's tragic.
In business companies raise prices because their costs rise.
In this case, Dish has made an arbitrary decision based on its perception of value. That's anti consumer.
I could accept the notion that the receiver is costing Dish more to manufacture. Unless thast is the reason, then this increase is an other example of "because we can"..
That stinks.
Guess what? I was considering going to H/J....Forget it.
Please feel free to pass this message along.
BTW, I have been with Dish for 16 years.
The taste in my mouth is getting sour. Know what I mean?

I'm mostly just curious. It's not like I can really jump ship with all the money already invested in Dish plus ETF plus costs to purchase DirecTV equipment.

Which is exactly what Dish is betting on. However who knows what I'll do in a couple of years... I'm fast losing incentive to remain loyal with Dish...

Why is the DVR fee going up. That's what I want to know. The second Hopper price going up is no surprise. But, by the same token, Joeys should cost a lot less. Doing this in addition to the Feb price increase is unconscionable in this economy. That brings my annual increase to well over 10%. Time to definitely look elsewhere when my contract is up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts