Fellow techs out there a question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lurch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Buffalo,New york
Ive been using my acutrac pro22 flawlessly to dial in the ka/ku dishes.until today.Everytime i connect the lnb to it it goes "OVER CURRENT".Tried other lnbs,it only works fine on a 3 lnb!Borrowed someone elses and had no problem,so its not the lnbs.Any ideas?

The over current messages means it is picking up a short somewhere. It is in the wire, the lnb or in the connector part of the meter. Hopefully it is in the wire and you are not seeing it. You said that you already swapped the lnb so that would only leave the meter.

I know what your saying,ive run into that problem before,on the acutrac and on a dual buddy meter,but I've changed line going to lnb couple times,and the other meter work fine on the same lines and lnb,I figured it was the meter but why would it work fine for the multisat?(3lnb)?

'Overcurrent' on the AccutracII/SignalocII series of meters usually means the LNB is drawing more current from the meter then it can provide. This will usually start happening around 250-350 ma.

It can sometimes indicate a faulty LNB, but you've already ruled that out. When this has happened to me, I replaced the internal battery pack with a brand new one and it corrected it. 2 months later it did it again- I replaced it again. Another 3-6 months later when it did it again, I bought a Birddog. :)

little dish guy said:
Have you tried it in the pass through mode where the receiver is powering the dish?
Bob
NA, that would be the right thing to try but I usually start by putting thr dish up first with no lines coming from the house yet.I'm so lazy to break out of my routine ,that it costs me time in certain cases like this.Man,that battery pack sucks!!!!!My old analog channel master and my dual buddy are lasting for years already,and stay charged alot longer!!

grydlok said:
Acutrac meters are very fragile, btw which KAKU dish. Andrew, Cali Amp, or WNC?
It was an ANDREW THE ABSOLUT WORST DISH I EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH FROM D*!!!!!(well beside the WORLD DIRECT assembly.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)