Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
I have the HR34, and 2 H25's
Just added an R22, and it is only using one tuner. do the H25's use slots on that switch? Is that the problem already using 7 before the R22 was added?

Solved........Do want to ask if anyone can help me set up use of my one RF remote with both an HR34 and R22?

Guess its not solved. Is there a way to make two of these work? Like a connection from one to the other or no?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1342830249.927693.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1342830249.927693.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 60
Guess its not solved. Is there a way to make two of these work? Like a connection from one to the other or no?

I've understood it as once you get above 8 tuners you need the SWM16 which requires 4 lines form the LNB (the single output SWM would be switched to the older 4 output style and those 4 lines go to the SWM16.)

Hopefully someone can chime in and (hopefully) say there is an easier way

addition...I know we were talking about splitters in a different thread and someone mentioned the single output SWM has 8 channels in it...anything above 8 requires the older (4 output) and a SWM16 switch

About the rf set up. To my knowledge you cannot use an RF remote for two receivers because when you program the remote you use a unique code specific to the receiver.

How to set up. Hit menu-settings-remote-advanced settings-mode

About the rf set up. To my knowledge you cannot use an RF remote for two receivers because when you program the remote you use a unique code specific to the receiver.

How to set up. Hit menu-settings-remote-advanced settings-mode

I did get it to work in rf for both.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

How did you get it to program to both? Does it change channels on both tvs at the same time?

How did you get it to program to both? Does it change channels on both tvs at the same time?

I Left the Hr34 set to default Receiver mode. switched the R22 to receiver mode 00003. covered up the hr34. then programmed code 00003 Setting it on AV1
1. av1
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 0 0 0 0 3

Now slide to back the dtv device and enter the menu of the receiver:
1. menu> parental, fav's, & setup> system setup> remote> receiver mode
2. you will see either Directv or AV1/ AV2, click on whichever to reveal both
3. chose AV1/AV2, and then DONE
The remote will no longer control the receiver, switch to Av1 on the remote and exit the menu.

That allowed me to control each receiver separately in IR mode, then I jus did the switch to RF individually from there, and it worked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)