Status
Not open for further replies.

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
Since the transition to the new forum software, it has been a mostly pleasant experience, however so far there's a few things either missing or I haven't found them yet.

On the old software, there was a little indicator by each persons' post that indicated whether or not they're currently online. On the new software, you have to click their name and look at their recent activity. Now call me lazy, but I think that the indicator was a quicker, easier way to tell whether or not someone was online at the time.

Secondly, if I recall correctly, with the old software you could search a member's posts by their liked posts, and the likes they gave. I think you could do it from their profile. I definitely know that you could see the liked posts you received and the likes you gave to other members' posts on your own profile. So far the only thing I'm seeing now is that you can view your own posts that received likes, but not the posts that you liked, nor other members' liked posts that were received/given.

Third, on the old software, while viewing the thread listings you could click the number by "Replies:" and receive a popup indicating who posted in the thread, and it was sorted by who posted the most in that particular thread. So far I'm not seeing that option now.

Fourth, on the old forum you could see which DIRT members were online at the time. Has that been fixed yet? Do they now show up in the staff section on the front page?

Lastly, while posting this thread I accidentally clicked the link to my profile. I clicked the back button and everything was gone, so I had to re-write the entire post including the subject. Is this something that can be fixed in the software or is it my browser? I'm currently on FF 23.0.1 but after I post this I'm going to update to 29 or 30 or whatever the latest is.

For your last point, the software auto-saves (like a draft). Not sure how often it does it though....

With the above, I waited until I saw the "Draft saved" text show up, then I went to my profile page, and then came back. The above text was still here. It was faint, like a shade of gray and when I clicked in the box, it became normal dark.

Regarding the DIRT folks, someone said they show up in the 'staff' box, but that's only on the front page. Otherwise, they should show up in the "Members online" listing too. Problem with that is, it only shows ~50 users and there's no sorting. They could be part of the "and 'xxx' more" people. There are none listed in the staff box, but maybe none are online. I didn't scroll through the list of members.

The question/issue about DIRT members has been brought a few times.... How about this ?

The top navigation bar has a "Members" link. Can "DIRT" be added to the drop-down ? If not, what about under "Notable Members" and then add a tab for DIRT ?

The home page shows staff on line including dirt members.

Yup DIRT shows on both the homepage and also on the main forum listing page. When they are online you will see them listed with the staff online. :)

Right now, as I type this (10:25am EST), MikeH does not show up on the front page in the staff box. He does show up on the main forum page in the same staff box.

Is there a way to disable the balloon that appears when we hover the mouse over a thread title? I seem to recall some post about it but I can't locate it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts