FF not remembering my passwords

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
One one of my computers (the other 3 are fine), Firefox does not remember my log in information on any website I frequent, including this one. This just started happening yesterday.

I log into a site, such as this one, click "Remember" in the pop up bar on the top that ask if I want Fire Fox to remember my password. If I log off of Fire Fox and come back I have to log into each site again.

I do have the box checked in the options that states "Remember passwords for sites"

It only happens on this one computer and it only happens with Fire Fox.

make sure that you don't have the clear private data feature enabled for every time you exit firefox. also clear the box that says saved passwords under the clear private data menu.

make sure that you don't have the clear private data feature enabled for every time you exit firefox. also clear the box that says saved passwords under the clear private data menu.
I don't. The settings on all of my computers are exactly the same. On one of my laptops I opened up FF after being on it all day with no problems (never went into options at all) until later in the day. I went to this site and I had to log in again. Didn't think much of it until I went back later and had to do the same thing. Check all of my sites and this was the case for all of them.

I have since reloaded FF, tripled checked my settings, cleared all private and temporary folders, and started over. Didn't fix the problem. IE remembers my passwords on that computer but FF doesn't.

I don't. The settings on all of my computers are exactly the same. On one of my laptops I opened up FF after being on it all day with no problems (never went into options at all) until later in the day. I went to this site and I had to log in again. Didn't think much of it until I went back later and had to do the same thing. Check all of my sites and this was the case for all of them.

I have since reloaded FF, tripled checked my settings, cleared all private and temporary folders, and started over. Didn't fix the problem. IE remembers my passwords on that computer but FF doesn't.

do you have norton 360 on this PC?

does your antivirus software contain a plug in for firefox? i had a similar issue with norton 360 which would clear all my private data including passwords. had to disable it from there.

does your antivirus software contain a plug in for firefox? i had a similar issue with norton 360 which would clear all my private data including passwords. had to disable it from there.
Yes, but it makes no difference if it is enabled or disabled. Plus my other computers use the same thing and they have no issues. I think it is simply something wrong with a file on this particular computer.

Yes, but it makes no difference if it is enabled or disabled. Plus my other computers use the same thing and they have no issues. I think it is simply something wrong with a file on this particular computer.

and from what i read on your 1st post you also removed and reinstalled firefox. i would go to the add-ons page for firefox and download a password manager to see if that corrects the problem. have you done that?

Now it remembers the passwords, it just doesn't stay logged in. When I leave FF and open it up again, any page that requires a log in has my log in info saved (name and password); I just have to click the log in button to log back in.

I must have a corrupted download of FF that I cannot get rid of. On occassion if I close FF and open it back up, it automatically changes all of my settings including changing the homepage to FF homepage.

Finally got it to work. Had to delete my FF profile and create a new FF profile.

Typed this in the start-up menu "firefox.exe -ProfileManager". Selected the folder and deleted my profile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts