Fiber Optic Investments

theebdk

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
As I sit her patiently waiting for FIOS availability in Wilmington De, I recently invested a portion of my hard earned dollars in a fiber optic company. The industry from an investment perspective is white hot and many of the companies are supporting the Verizon and other rollouts. My investment is up over 20% in less than a week. Anyway check out AFOP, FNSR, BWNG, BKHM, and AVNX. Cramer also has been touting the industry lately with his picks. Good luck to all and remember I am jealous of all those that enjoy FIOS.

That's probably not a bad investment to make. Seems like I read somewhere that SBC will also be getting into the fiber optic game and have it's own version of FiosTV... did anyone else read something like that?

I mean, if you don't have Verizon as your area provider, you'll be pretty much out of luck of ever getting Fios I would assume.

mindgrind said:
That's probably not a bad investment to make. Seems like I read somewhere that SBC will also be getting into the fiber optic game and have it's own version of FiosTV... did anyone else read something like that?

I mean, if you don't have Verizon as your area provider, you'll be pretty much out of luck of ever getting Fios I would assume.

SBC/AT&T does have a version of IPTV. They call it "Project Lightspeed." It is not FTTP (Fiber To The Premises), but it is suppose to work like FIOS. The fiber is already installed in my neighborhood. I'm hoping that I will be getting the ITPV service before the end of this year.

AFOP up again another 7% or so. I am also excited as I live in an unincorporated part of Delaware and our Public Utility Commission will have a hearing on April 11th regarding FIOS. Expect to sail through and will get the service by year end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts