Fifth 622 in four years

is the dvr kept in an enclosed area in your entertainment center? perhaps its over heating. also, if you disable the standby mode, the rec never gets a chance to wind down. it re-arranges the harddrive to let it perform more efficiently when both tuners are not in use. if you disable standby mode, most likly the tuners never turn off. just throwing some ideas out there, it is frustrating. prior to having dish, i was going through the motorola /scientific atlanta dvr's at a rate of once every 4 months from cox.

I picked up the Tripplite from Costco, it was $99. I use it on my 622 with 50"LCD and Yamaha 861 and I have one on my 722 with 40" LCD. Have to protect the valuables.

How long can all of those devices run with the tripplite unplugged? Probably doesn't matter much with your setup. I got mine so it will last long enough for me to shut down the DLP so the bulb doesn't overheat.

How long can all of those devices run with the tripplite unplugged? Probably doesn't matter much with your setup. I got mine so it will last long enough for me to shut down the DLP so the bulb doesn't overheat.

I have the same Tripplite from Costco. With just the 622 and tv (32" Loewe CRT) plugged in, I get 45 mins approx on battery. I have the power inserter for the dish on another tripplite along with my 625 and one of my macs. That one gets dramatically less if the computer is in standby - 20-25 min, but if I shut down the mac, it jumps up to about 40-50 mins as well. I've been able to squeeze an hour out of them, but that's about it for DVR use.

Power inserter

No one has asked yet is there a power inserter in the system? Could it be that this system was installed w/o one and it is pulling to much current from the 622's and burning out the power supplies this way.

No one has asked yet is there a power inserter in the system? Could it be that this system was installed w/o one and it is pulling to much current from the 622's and burning out the power supplies this way.

I don't know I've been running mine since Feb 06' without a power inserter and have had no problems, very stable unit! His sounds more like voltage problem!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)