Fightbox on Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Called DISH and asked why Fightbox is only in the America's Top 120+ and not in the higher up packages. She got with her supervisor and they said do not know why. So the CSR said she is submitting a ticket to find out why to the main office. She said they will call me back within 24 to 48 hours with the answer. I asked her for a reference or ticket number and she said there isn't any, but she gave me her ID number for reference if needed. I will post back if I hear back from the main office.
They probably pay to be carried and have a very small budget

Reactions: charlesrshell
Called DISH and asked why Fightbox is only in the America's Top 120+ and not in the higher up packages. She got with her supervisor and they said do not know why. So the CSR said she is submitting a ticket to find out why to the main office. She said they will call me back within 24 to 48 hours with the answer. I asked her for a reference or ticket number and she said there isn't any, but she gave me her ID number for reference if needed. I will post back if I hear back from the main office.

How funny. It would be nice if its just an oversight on how a new channel was introduced. If they really intended for it to be that way, I don't think it bodes well for future additions. It will make choosing a package rather difficult.

How funny. It would be nice if its just an oversight on how a new channel was introduced. If they really intended for it to be that way, I don't think it bodes well for future additions. It will make choosing a package rather difficult.
Yep, for sure. I was surprised the CSR and supervisor didn't have an answer. Be interesting if the main office calls back. I have had a work ticket in the past that went to the tech support folks. They were suppose to get back with me and never did.

It USED to be that the higher up in packages you went, you got the channels below plus the additional channels. . AT 200 used to be "all the channels in AT 120 plus these 80 additional channels.
AT250 used to be "all the AT120 channels plus AT 200 channels plus these additional 50 channels. Not anymore.

Looking through the channel list on the Dish site I can see no examples of channels available on a lower tier that are not available on the higher tiers. At least from what I can see, this is a first. It would be interesting to call them and ask to have the channel added. Would they tell you that you have to downgrade? Hard to imagine anybody at Dish advising a customer to pay them less in order to get an additional channel.

Looking through the channel list on the Dish site I can see no examples of channels available on a lower tier that are not available on the higher tiers. At least from what I can see, this is a first. It would be interesting to call them and ask to have the channel added. Would they tell you that you have to downgrade? Hard to imagine anybody at Dish advising a customer to pay them less in order to get an additional channel.
Bbc news..mtvsuite

I think there are several channels in the AEP that are not in the other packs. Here is a nice tool to compare the packages.
Compare DISH Programming Packages | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

I went thru the DISH package comparison tool and discovered the following channels missing from the AEP that are on some of the other packs. If the DISH main office calls me back with an answer about why 397 is missing, I will ask about the other channels missing too.

Reactions: pattykay
It USED to be that the higher up in packages you went, you got the channels below plus the additional channels. . AT 200 used to be "all the channels in AT 120 plus these 80 additional channels.
AT250 used to be "all the AT120 channels plus AT 200 channels plus these additional 50 channels. Not anymore.
I think Dish should come up with a Channel Pack that adds all of the additional channels from AT250. That way, AT250 subscribers could pick whichever lower package they want (to gain the channels that are only in the lower package) and add the Channel Pack, so they don't lose any channels by downgrading.

I think Dish should come up with a Channel Pack that adds all of the additional channels from AT250. That way, AT250 subscribers could pick whichever lower package they want (to gain the channels that are only in the lower package) and add the Channel Pack, so they don't lose any channels by downgrading.
Yep, I hear ya. Interesting what DISH will say if they call me back. The AT250 and AEP should have all the channels the other packs have for sure. To get most of the missing channels you have to downgrade to get them. I can understand the other special packs like the Outdoor Pack, Heartland Pack, Movie Pack, etc.

I think there are several channels in the AEP that are not in the other packs. Here is a nice tool to compare the packages.
Compare DISH Programming Packages | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

Yeah, channels available in a higher tier that are not available in a lower tier. That makes sense, that's why the higher tier costs more. But other than Fightbox, I don't see channels listed in lower tiers that are not available in higher tiers. And I don't see BBCnews or MTVsuite listed in that link.

For what its worth, I was looking here:

DISH Channel Lineup - See Channels by DISH Package | DISH

And that page doesn't even show the AEP package. I'm not trying to start an argument, my only point is that to me the only reason to have tiered packages is to offer additional channels as you move up. Removing channels makes no sense to me.

Yeah, channels available in a higher tier that are not available in a lower tier. That makes sense, that's why the higher tier costs more. But other than Fightbox, I don't see channels listed in lower tiers that are not available in higher tiers. And I don't see BBCnews or MTVsuite listed in that link.

And that page doesn't even show the AEP package. I'm not trying to start an argument, my only point is that to me the only reason to have tiered packages is to offer additional channels as you move up. Removing channels makes no sense to me.
Bbc news and MTV suite are flex pack only

Bbc news and MTV suite are flex pack only

Ah, that make sense. I wasn't considering things like the Flex Pack or the Welcome Pack, just the standard 120, 200, 250 packages. As someone suggested earlier, it makes more sense to me if they included the Fightbox channel in the Multi Sport option. But then I have no idea how negotiations with content providers effect those type of decisions.

It seems Dish is kind of stuck in what may be a transitional phase of trying to appeal to cord cutters with Sling, those calling for more ala-carte offerings with Flex, and the traditional package customers. Maybe its true, you can't be all things to all people.

This is a better comparison tool. Compare DISH Programming Packages | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support
I came up with those eight previously listed channels that are missing from AEP. I compared AEP to AT250, AT200, AT120+, AT120, Smart Pack, Welcome Pack, and DISH America. Of those eight previously listed channels, I checked for each channel in my Hopper to see if they were there. I am able to get two of them (channel 130 & 388) because I subscribe to the Add-Ons Movie and Heartland packs.

This is a better comparison tool. Compare DISH Programming Packages | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support
I came up with those eight previously listed channels that are missing from AEP. I compared AEP to AT250, AT200, AT120+, AT120, Smart Pack, Welcome Pack, and DISH America. Of those eight previously listed channels, I checked for each channel in my Hopper to see if they were there. I am able to get two of them (channel 130 & 388) because I subscribe to the Add-Ons Movie and Heartland packs.
PixL is also in Dish Movie Pack, so you shouldn't need Heartland to get that. What else is in Heartland that isn't in AEP?

PixL is also in Dish Movie Pack, so you shouldn't need Heartland to get that. What else is in Heartland that isn't in AEP?
I don't know crodrules. It is too hard to check what channels that are in the Heartland pack and not in the AEP because I cannot find a channel number list for the AEP. If you can find an AEP channel number list please let me know. You would think there is one someplace.

Understand. As I said earlier, I was only considering the numbered tiers. I also didn't consider any channel available in an add-on package since as the name suggests, they're add-ons. That's what is confusing about the Fightbox channel. It doesn't seem to be available in any add-on package. Hopefully your phone call will prompt them to correct that oversight.

Personally I'd like to see more of the add-on offerings. I don't need things like cartoon channels, family oriented channels, religious channels or Oprah channels (might get some grief from the wife on that one). The Flex Pack comes close, but there are a few things that are unavailable that are deal breakers for us. And of course if we all got to design exactly what we wanted we'd end up with the ala-carte type set up and it would undoubtedly cost more. As it stands I'll just continue to be content with I have, and whine every now and then about having 250 channels and not being able to find anything to watch. But that's what those big hard drives are for.

Understand. As I said earlier, I was only considering the numbered tiers. I also didn't consider any channel available in an add-on package since as the name suggests, they're add-ons. That's what is confusing about the Fightbox channel. It doesn't seem to be available in any add-on package. Hopefully your phone call will prompt them to correct that oversight.

Personally I'd like to see more of the add-on offerings. I don't need things like cartoon channels, family oriented channels, religious channels or Oprah channels (might get some grief from the wife on that one). The Flex Pack comes close, but there are a few things that are unavailable that are deal breakers for us. And of course if we all got to design exactly what we wanted we'd end up with the ala-carte type set up and it would undoubtedly cost more. As it stands I'll just continue to be content with I have, and whine every now and then about having 250 channels and not being able to find anything to watch. But that's what those big hard drives are for.
Yep, for sure on the big hard drives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)