Fighting UHF remotes

Vice Grips

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
The remote id, does it only apply to IR remotes? Can 2 UHF recievers live in the same house without fighting with each other? I would like to be able to control one reciever from anywhere in the house and leave the other reciever alone, only able to change if you are in the same room. Can that be done?

Vice Grips said:
The remote id, does it only apply to IR remotes? Can 2 UHF recievers live in the same house without fighting with each other? I would like to be able to control one reciever from anywhere in the house and leave the other reciever alone, only able to change if you are in the same room. Can that be done?

You will have to change the remote address for one of the UHF remotes. You change it the same way you would change the IR remote address, which it sounds like you already know how to do.

Yes, I can change that. For sure it applies to the UHF signal? I am under the impression that the UHF remote brodcasts both IR and UHF. For some reason I am thinking the remote address only applies to the IR signal. I hope I am wrong. Please tell me I'm wrong.

I would test it but I have to run some RG6 first. If it can't work there is no point in me going thru the effort.

Yes, change the channel, the UHF and IR ports both then use that address when talking to the box.

Believe it, you're not the only one with more than one UHF capable receiver. I have 3.

Vice Grips said:
Yes, I can change that. For sure it applies to the UHF signal? I am under the impression that the UHF remote brodcasts both IR and UHF. For some reason I am thinking the remote address only applies to the IR signal. I hope I am wrong. Please tell me I'm wrong.

I would test it but I have to run some RG6 first. If it can't work there is no point in me going thru the effort.

Considering every receiver I have has at least 1 uhf remote... yes they are on different channels. Yes just change the channel the remote operates on. im pretty sure its the same as the way you change IR. Make sure you leave only that receiver on. it would be embarrassing to change all of the receivers at the same time.