Fill screen to prevent burn in on a plasma.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rmims404

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2007
I would like a few suggestions on ways to fill the screen of my 42" plasma when watching stuff broadcast in the 4:3 format. Should I just go to some soft of zoom setting on my TV remote? That may be the best way but I thought someone may have a better one. My DirecTV remote doesn't seem to have a setting on it that will change the SD feeds. Thanks.

I have a HR-21 and can go to the menu, system set-up, hdtv. There you can select different settings. Most recent plasma are not the burn in type. Though you do have to be more careful than LCDs. Gray bars on the side will help if you cannot get the picture to fit the full screen.

Thanks for the help. I've discovered that when watching non HD programs I can go to the SD broadcast of the channel and use 720p stretch and it will fill the screen.

I go 50/50. About half the time I will zoom. Many shows seem shot with widescreen in mind and zooming them does not really cut off much. Others I just watch with gray bars, sometimes black bars on shows I really like (I find the gray bars distracting sometimes).

I have had a plasma for 3 years, and has not burned in at all. I watch a variety of letterboxed and pillarboxed content, mixed with full screen. I doubt you will have much of an issue unless you only watch one type of content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)