Filmfest Audio Dropouts

vicw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 17, 2004
Southern Pines, NC
I've been back with Dish for a month, or so, and I've been trying to give some of the Zoom channels a chance. The Filmfest channel carries some pretty good, classic movies, so I've been recording them for later viewing.

The PQ is excellent (the old black and whites look terrific in HD), but I am frustrated with the frequent audio dropouts that I've observed while listening over several days, in movies on Filmfest. They vary in frequency of occurence, but they are usually very brief, less than a second, just long enough to make it impossible to follow detailed dialogue in older films that have dialogue-rich content. I gave up trying to watch "A Delicate Balance" because of it, "Sahara" suffers, but it's still watchable. Also, music on some of the movies is painful, with a great deal of pitch wavering and flutter. I suppose some of the audio problem is with older prints, but I suspect the audio dropout problems are being generated during the transfer process.

I'd be very interested if any other forum members have similiar experiences trying to watch, and listen, to Filmfest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)