VIP622 - FF Skipping

airwalker82

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
I just recently Dished it up to the 622. I love finally being able to record HD!!!
I am having a slight problem with the FF when watching a recorded show. When ever I FF x4 (press FF button once) and then press play, it skips ahead a good 15 or 20 seconds more. I am not accidently pressing the skip button and this does not happen when I FF x15 or above.
Anyone else have this problem with the 622? Can it be fixed?
I am still within the 30 days of installation, so I am thinking of calling the installer.

I don't seem to have this problem. (...sometimes at x60, I can't stop it quite where I want, but that speed is just to high for my aging reflexes :)). My FF seems "jerky" at any speed, but stopping the x4 FF seems to work OK.

Don't bother calling your installer, it isn't anything they can do... beyond their control.

That'd be "tech support" issue.

I checked on mine and I'm not having that issue, what software version are you running? Menu 6-1-3 will tell you. L447 here.

This started on our 622 about 6-8 months ago right after they upgraded the software to i don't know what version.

we now have very inconsistent FF speeds and RW doesn't stop at the desired point

I believe this issue is discussed in one of the sw update threads

I've also noticed the jerky motion of FF on my 622s.
It zooms along, then sort of gives a freeze frame, zooms again, another freeze frame, etc.

I don't like it, but in the grand scheme of things, it's a minor annoyance.

My experience has been that the degree of jerkiness seems to be different for different channels/programs. I suspect it's somehow connected to the degree of compression on that channel, but that's just a guess on my part. But as teh previous poster said a minor annoyance in the scheme of things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)