Finally found a 10' dish!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Glad you found one. Maybe I will get lucky and find a 10 footer here one of these days. I thought I had earlier, but it was another 8 footer. Got it down and need to start on refurbing it, but haven't taken time yet. Probably should hurry up, as summer will be over before I know it.

I also bet I know which dish it will replace. :)
I'm very happy to have come across it. I hope you can find a 10' too. If you were thinking I'll replace the Tek2000 with this one as our motorized dish, you're right. I really want to see how this performs. Got to get it all refurbed first though and then find some nice (cool) days to set it up. :)

Good job!!!!!! I have one setting here that I need to check out. It came with 8 footer I grabbed here a month or so ago. I need to do the refurb work on the dish too, but It got really hot early this year. Summer is just starting so I have time yet.

Great work and documentation.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Good job!!!!!! I have one setting here that I need to check out. It came with 8 footer I grabbed here a month or so ago. I need to do the refurb work on the dish too, but It got really hot early this year. Summer is just starting so I have time yet.

Great work and documentation.
Thanks and good luck with your refurb. Be sure to post some pics of your progress. :photo It did get hot quick and the heat is not my friend anymore. :flame:D

FTAPA,how difficult was it to pull the actuator arm apart? Did the threaded rod just unscrew? The only one (SuperJack) I have attempted to take apart was impossibly rusted tight.

The reason I ask is because I have another SuperJack that I want to disassemble and service before mounting it.

Off topic: After cruising for miles looking for dishes and now having more than I need.....I spotted a 10 footer within 2 miles of our house.On the main road where we drive by it many times a week! It is viewable from the road but a real narrow window of visability at an odd angle makes it difficult to spot. It is the closest KNOWN dish to our location. I didn't ask if it was available because I don't need it...but it got me wondering how many others may be around that we just have not seen.

Reactions: fred555 and FTA4PA
FTAPA,how difficult was it to pull the actuator arm apart? Did the threaded rod just unscrew? The only one (SuperJack) I have attempted to take apart was impossibly rusted tight.

The reason I ask is because I have another SuperJack that I want to disassemble and service before mounting it.
It took a little effort but not too much. I was able to do it by hand. I did give the outside of the tube and the end of the rod a couple light taps first. Yes, the threaded rod just unscrewed once it broke free. Here is a pic of the opening on the smaller tube that the rod screws into (after I cleaned it up). I would have posted it above but max is 20 pics per post. :rolleyes:

Inner Tube Threaded Opening.JPG

Off topic: After cruising for miles looking for dishes and now having more than I need.....I spotted a 10 footer within 2 miles of our house.On the main road where we drive by it many times a week! It is viewable from the road but a real narrow window of visability at an odd angle makes it difficult to spot. It is the closest KNOWN dish to our location. I didn't ask if it was available because I don't need it...but it got me wondering how many others may be around that we just have not seen.

Good point! There are probably more out there 'hiding' in my area as well on larger properties that can't be seen from the road. Well, at least if I can't see them from the road then the scrappers can't either! :D

Congratulations on the find and the progress on making it work.

I wish I could find one, even if it requires a rebuild.
Thanks! It did take me a while but they can still be had. You really get a sense of accomplishment from fixing one up and putting it back into service. I hope you can find one as well. :)

Reactions: Jason S and fred555
Thanks! The fact that it was able to be restored so well is an indication of the build quality of some of these older pieces. They were made to last! :)

Reactions: . Raine
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)