Finally got a birddog, no more hauling tvs around!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

olliec420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
Pensacola, FL
Its a serial model, got it for a nice price!

Anyone that is firmillair with that unit, can you give me any tip and tricks to be prepared for when i start pointing tomorrow? :D

Looking for 97 and 103 and 125, then just going to play.

Ice i have one, but that, the azbox, the 7inch needing AC plugs... etc etc... birddog on ebay for 60 is owrth it to me hehe

I make do with a DigiSat II !!! It changed my life when it comes to dish pointing!

Have dreamed about a Birdog but can't persuade either my cash or misses to make the purchase :D

oh my bad lol i didnt get it. for real though, what do you use? outa of curiosity

depends on what dish I'm working on
the KU dishes are usually the GeoSatPro 200 receiver and the 7" TV.
When I worked on the dish on the peak of the roof (for 30") it was the old Pansat 1500. That receiver while being old sniffs out a signal pretty well

Its only about 10 feet up from the deck to the dishes so a extension cord for the GeoSat works. 7" TV runs off battery power
When I work with the C-Band dishes in front of the garage there is a 19" old TV (it goes up to channel 83 with the click knob) and either the Geosat or the Pansat

Ice, I bet you just look in to the reflector and see the bird with some crazy superhuman vision? :p

not really ;)
But I have been known to wheel out the big dish, put it where I think I need to be, turn on the receiver and either be spot on (usually 91,95 and 99) or real close (low signal)

I've done it for so long (8+ years now) and working with the same equipment at the same location it gets pretty easy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts