Finally Got advanced setup working ...

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I over expressed my frustration on getting the Advanced set up to work, but got good advice from Brian on doing it correctly.
However, it did not seem to work quite right on my receiver, BUT I found how to get it done. Saving the channel list brought back the Glorystar Mode, which defeated the purpose.

First, of course, was to do a factory reset and select Advanced mode.
Then, scan the TP for 11842 to get THAT transponder first on the list.
I then deleted all but one channel, ( deleting later did nt keep the time working!) and then scanned the transponders with the stations I want.
I sorted each transponder as I went and checked to see that all was as I wanted
I added 11842 well down the list, then deleted the one I already had at the first position, NOT the ONE in the first position, so as not to cause confusion. I was somewhat surprised to see that it duplicated the channel, but the name came up as "UNNAMED 35".

Now, all is well, I have the right time AND can name and use favorite. I do not want the grand-kids watching some religious programs or the news. Their folks do not want them watching ANY TV!

If any one saw my rant, please forgive me. I was way out of line on what showed up on the thread (one misspelled word in particular) and was way overboard on what I meant (& I thought I typed). I am sorry, Brian, for that post and you did well to delete it.
POP

Last edited:
Glad that you have the Advanced mode working to meet your requirements!

Thank you for your call! I'll give a call when I return from Europe after May 9th. May have a solution that will address your concerns.

I was hoping the new update would keep the Time Recording list. Well, it lasted longer, but did not make a full week. I set it up Tuesday the 19th, it recorded ok yesterday, at 6PM, but this morning, Monday the 25th at 8 AM it did not, and the list is again blank. I don not believe this is a power issue, as I am on another inverter that powers my internet and phones - working great - it has a better waveform and more stable voltage (also a much cheaper inverter!).
When I get more time I will do more testing and maybe start another thread for this issue.... Again. Do others have this problem? Or is it just me? If no one else does then it probably IS on my end. Just noticed I lost my favorite list 3 (last one) also... HMMM

Did you perform a factory reset after the last Firmware Update. Also try a Master reset as previously described (Channel Up Button along with Master Power Switch)?

Something funky is happening with your data.

Yes, I did several factory resets, but not a maser reset. When I get back to my dishes I will try the master reset. I do not really want to go through another scan sequence, but I will as I need to record unattended for a week in May.
Since we are already somewhat OT, what is the code sequence for the remote for the Mercury II I have one remote that will not operate the receiver.
Thanks! (Of course you know this right off the top of your head! I know you are "pur-fect". Thanks again, POP.

Off the top of my head, on the Mercury Remote, press and hold the STB and the OK button 10 seconds (until the Power button LED stays lit). Enter 002 and then OK button again. The power button LED will indicate the entry by blinking the corresponding key codes.

I have three of these GeoSats, two DSR 100s and a 1100 to get both the Glorystar programing and the advanced mode.
I am thoughtly confused on how to get both on together and with a menu.
I always kept the OTA off so a download would not wipe out my advanced mode programming.
I do not do any recording.
I do not have any way to save the channel list or I do not know how to if I have the provision within the receivers only.

If you wish to operate your receiver to receive programming other than the GloryStar channels or wish to modify your channel list, you are an advanced user and need to activate the receiver in the advanced mode. Additional channels cannot be added and the channel list can not be modified when the receiver activated in the GloryStar mode.

How to activate the receiver in the Advanced mode:
* Perform a factory reset on the receiver.
* Activate the receiver in the Advanced mode.
* Enter the Channel Scan menu and perform a Satellite or Blind Scan of the Galaxy19 satellite.
* Delete and/or rearrange the channels to meet your wishes.

Note: In the Advanced mode the receiver will not be automatically updated with the GloryStar channel list and will not be capable of operation using the soon to be released Electronic Program Guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts