Finally got direct tv back

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

teslafan1971

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
South Carolina
I finally ordered Direct TV again after 5 months having cable. Cable is a joke here. I have knology and they call their HD like 20 channels...lol. Well im glad to be back with directtv anyway they will be here saturday to install everything and hopefully i get a newer box then what i had before i know last hd dvr i had was a hr20 i think

I am coming back this friday after a bit with Dish, I got to admit I missed some of the choices I had with Direct, I was a long time sub before I made the switch, looking foward to the come back. I am trying to not say anything bad about Dish, I just realize there are some options I miss with Direct. Though the small fees they hit you with can be a eye opener. I have to pay to mail the recievers back. Oh well

Last edited:
Dish should send you boxes with prepaid labels to mail back the receivers.

I'm on my way back to Dish after 2 years with D*. I have the same thing to say, nothing against Direct, but looking forward to getting back to Dish. While I like the OnDemand feature, I never really use it. It takes too long to download. Direct does offer good service, I have nothing bad to say about them.

Dish should send you boxes with prepaid labels to mail back the receivers.

I'm on my way back to Dish after 2 years with D*. I have the same thing to say, nothing against Direct, but looking forward to getting back to Dish. While I like the OnDemand feature, I never really use it. It takes too long to download. Direct does offer good service, I have nothing bad to say about them.

The customer rep on the phone said something about 15.00 labels?

The customer rep on the phone said something about 15.00 labels?

My response would be "Let me get this straight, you want me to pay for shipping?? Are nuts, if you want the equipment then send the labels for free." If you take that approach be sure to cancel the credit card you placed the order with as they will charge you. Hell I canceled and it took 4 calls to get boxes. When they finally came I had one day to get the LNB down and shipped back. Since it was raining it didn't happen. Two days later my checking account was minus $450 for my two DVRs I had 508 and 510.

Next option is to Email the CEO, which gets it to the right department to send them free of charge.

My response would be "Let me get this straight, you want me to pay for shipping?? Are nuts, if you want the equipment then send the labels for free." If you take that approach be sure to cancel the credit card you placed the order with as they will charge you. Hell I canceled and it took 4 calls to get boxes. When they finally came I had one day to get the LNB down and shipped back. Since it was raining it didn't happen. Two days later my checking account was minus $450 for my two DVRs I had 508 and 510.

Next option is to Email the CEO, which gets it to the right department to send them free of charge.

Yea, I will give them a few days to mail the boxes, though in regard to the LNB, the Directv tech was more then happy to take the Dish down:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)