Finally got her up and running

SkySurfer80

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
Well got my fta motorized system up and running. I am working with a brand new Geosat 3500 hdvr, a new Geosat sl4 pll lnb, a new sg6100 motor, and after further measuring a 76 cm dish which I know is small.

I have had many setups in the past, been out of the game a few years, my last setup was a 1.1 meter dish. I actually am shocked I am pulling in good signals with this dish! Must be the lnb!

So far though I am hitting 84 pct quality on the ctv transponder on the G3 at 95 sat which is about what I used to with my old setup, however I had a microhd then, maybe the tuner reads higher on these geosat 3500 receivers, idk.

Then getting 60's and 70's plus 50's on the hd transponders on the 97 sat. Only thing is I cant seem to find the 87 bird SES. My due south is 85 here, but keep scanning where I would assume 87 is but just getting a bunch of those high rate tp,s in the 30,000s with no channels. Could it be the dish? I am going to order at least a 1 meter. Right now just setting the birds up on the motor ready to hit some feeds.

Will send pics

Sure thing. I must be locked in well, I am very surprised as I am pulling in the NBC hd mux and about 40 channels on the 103 bird. I used to have issues on my 1.1 with the NBC HD tp's. Considering such a small dish compared to my old one I guess the Geosat 3500 and the sl pll lnb are just far superior to my microhd and bullet lnb I had.

Sure thing. I must be locked in well, I am very surprised as I am pulling in the NBC hd mux and about 40 channels on the 103 bird. I used to have issues on my 1.1 with the NBC HD tp's. Considering such a small dish compared to my old one I guess the Geosat 3500 and the sl pll lnb are just far superior to my microhd and bullet lnb I had.
Glad to hear you got your system up and running. You may of had problems in the past on 103w because of the wonky skew AMC1 had before it was replaced with SES3. If I recall correctly it was off by about 20 degrees or so. :)

SES3 changeover

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Only thing is I cant seem to find the 87 bird SES. My due south is 85 here, but keep scanning where I would assume 87 is but just getting a bunch of those high rate tp,s in the 30,000s with no channels.
I think those 30k transponders are data on 83W... no TV there. So try aiming a but more to the west. LPB is actually quite easy these days, they have increased the power, and as CN said, the CNN Newssource transponder is always a strong target there

Also, you can't compare the Quality readings between receivers of different makes and models. While in theory we should be able to, the reality seems to be that they all have their own scales. This said, the SL4PLL is indeed a very good LNBF, and a 76cm dish is great for most satellites.

Well everything was rolling until my receiver froze. It is stuck and after spending hours of rebooting I cant do anything. I tried to manually factory reset but it wont allow me too. Wow it is a new geosat 3500 never been used. I read another post with same issue but i cant get it unstuck! It stays stuck and froze after reboot.

Reactions: danristheman
Well everything was rolling until my receiver froze. It is stuck and after spending hours of rebooting I cant do anything. I tried to manually factory reset but it wont allow me too. Wow it is a new geosat 3500 never been used. I read another post with same issue but i cant get it unstuck! It stays stuck and froze after reboot.

Time to buy an Amiko HD.265 ;)

I've never used that receiver, however there might be info at Hyper's site for what you can do. Also, you can always contact SatAv and ask them, since it's their receiver.

Login

Satellite AV, LLC - Satellite Broadcaster Support and Equipment Distribution