LNB can't center in dish

mrclean

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 16, 2019
Idaho
Hey guys
So I've tried to get this lnb centered in the dish but it just won't center when I measure from 3 places to the edge of the scalar ring. What am I doing wrong? something bent? The dish is not bent. I've read the measurements should be within 1/32 of each other but I'm at best 1/2 to 3/4 off. I've moved it in all directions to find a sweet spot and no good. If it's close on 2 measurements the 3rd is off by the 2 listed above. Thanks for any advice /help.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 236
Probably 10 years ago I ran into a similar problem on a flimsy 6' Fortec Star prime focus dish. I finally solved it with a length of leftover 1.5" OD PVC pipe. I slid the pipe down through the scalar and tweaked the arms slightly to correct the scalar alignment in relation to the center of the reflector. Nothing fancy but it worked.

Reactions: . Raine and mrclean
Hey guys
So I've tried to get this lnb centered in the dish but it just won't center when I measure from 3 places to the edge of the scalar ring. What am I doing wrong? something bent? The dish is not bent. I've read the measurements should be within 1/32 of each other but I'm at best 1/2 to 3/4 off. I've moved it in all directions to find a sweet spot and no good. If it's close on 2 measurements the 3rd is off by the 2 listed above. Thanks for any advice /help.

We need a much better photo, showing the face of the entire dish. From the tiny pic area you provided, I would guess those aren't the original legs going to the scalar, or they are flipped wrong or something. Anyway, the scalar appears to me to be torqued over to one side. You should be able to rotate it on that axis to better center it.

Are those legs even ALL the same length exactly? It's very hard to tell.

Do NOT assume that dish was ever installed right, even from it's original "day 1".

The post look off on the scalar. I have one like this . Looks like he has to twist it clockwise to center it.

heres a couple more hope it shows what ya need. I think Corrado had a great simple fix too.I have turned the LNB to see if it had a sweet spot but nope, why it looks twisted in the first pic.Yes I measured all the legs and all are exactly the same.
thumbnail-2.jpeg
thumbnail-3.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)