Finally got it to work, but I'm stuck again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deadstick

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
I finally got the satellite package to work but only after sending the receiver back and getting a replacement. Now that it is working, I decided to incorporate the motor drive but I can't seem to get it to move. What am I forgetting? It was working before with the dud receiver so I assume it still works now with the new receiver. I have a coolsat 4000 pro. and a hh90 motor. Please help!

Not to be annoying and be Captain Obvious, but are the coax cables in the right spots (I had some close calls when I wasn't paying attention).

Is the LNB power on? That may keep it from working properly.

Can you use either Diseq or USALS to move the dish to the reference position? Or even nudge it for that matter?

Cables have been checked and double checked by others. Haven't tried the other mentioned options possibly
because I don't know anything about them. What do I do?

LNB power is on.

I'm not familiar with the coolsat, but under the antenna setting menu, there should be an option for "positioner" or maybe "motor". You can choose there, diseq 1.2 or maybe USALS, and then click enter. There a menu should that comes up saying to move it, nudge it, or go to the reference position.

Maybe someone who is better with the coolsat can guide you a little better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.