Finally got the Upcoming list from a CSR

ScottE

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2003
I chatted today and this is what the CSR sent (I blocked out the CSR name with X's) after I complained about SCI Fi and USA. At least its better then the typical dont know what or when.

XXXXX: DISH Network is going to launch a number of national HD channels over the next few months, such as:
ABC Family Channel HD
AMC (American Movie Classics) HD
BET HD
The Biography Channel HD
Cartoon Network HD
CMT (Country Music Channel) HD
CNN HD
Disney Channel HD
ESPN News HD
HBO2 HD
IFC (Independent Film Channel) HD
MGM HD
MoreMAX HD
MTV HD
Nickelodeon HD
Sci Fi Channel HD
Smithsonian HD
The Tennis Channel HD
The Weather Channel HD
Toon Disney HD
USA Network HD
VH-1 HD
WGN HD

Just a follow up to my prev post.

Surprised to see WGN on there - Corner Gas in HD would make me happy.

I figured it probablly was but I am just happy I myself got a response.

heheh. This is common information... And I'm pretty sure those rep names are fake. Thanks for the thought tho :)

All she said was next few months but we all know what that means. I am praying SCI FI comes on this week - would hate to miss last season of BSG in HD.

Please don't stink up our bandwidth with SD channels masquerading as HD channels like MTV, VH-1 and CMT. These channels clearly don't even move the needle with respect to the oft-mentioned "compelling HD content" criteria.

And what in Holy Hell is up with a Tennis Channel. I guess they felt it was important but I would prefer some west coast Premium HD instead.

just remember the magic word with dish is SOON. Wasn't those channels on the last charlie chat?i think so:):D

I have a good feeling about this week and SCI FI (Wishful thinking perhaps) otherwise I will be sad come Friday.

I now expect not to see any new HD content till August.

Why August? Thats when I plan on switching to D*.

Of course if I happen to be wrong and see more HD before then, I may not switch.

But i dont expect to see any.

(reverse psychology... lets see if it works)

I'm sure that Scifi HD will hit just after the BSG series ends because after that, I probably won't care. Forgive the negative attitude but I'm so tired of Dish right now. In this day-and-age, there's really no excuse for not communicating some accurate dates here. Contrary to what Charlie may believe, no one wants to be strung along.

I'm sure that Scifi HD will hit just after the BSG series ends because after that, I probably won't care. Forgive the negative attitude but I'm so tired of Dish right now. In this day-and-age, there's really no excuse for not communicating some accurate dates here. Contrary to what Charlie may believe, no one wants to be strung along.

As I've said before, there is absolutely no reason for Charlie to worry about adding national HD any time soon. Unless and until it is demonstrated to him that he is losing a significant amount of subs (= $) because DN is lagging behind D* in national HD (as he has admitted he realizes with LIL HD) he will put those channels on the back burner.

Frustrated that you have no way to "get back" at Charlie? You have one (at least for many people): switch to D*. If you're upset about the lack of new channels and you can switch, but don't, then you have only yourself to blame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)