Finally got the Upcoming list from a CSR

All she said was next few months but we all know what that means. I am praying SCI FI comes on this week - would hate to miss last season of BSG in HD.

Hate to disappoint you, but you'll only be missing the FIRST HALF of the last season. SciFi is only showing half of it now, and then making us WAIT again until next year to finish it. :rolleyes:

But yes, don't want to miss the "first half" either. :)

Hate to disappoint you, but you'll only be missing the FIRST HALF of the last season. SciFi is only showing half of it now, and then making us WAIT again until next year to finish it. :rolleyes:

Let me guess they are going to do a 4.0 and 4.5 DVD release like they did with season 2 - argggg.

As I've said before, there is absolutely no reason for Charlie to worry about adding national HD any time soon. Unless and until it is demonstrated to him that he is losing a significant amount of subs (= $) because DN is lagging behind D* in national HD (as he has admitted he realizes with LIL HD) he will put those channels on the back burner.

Frustrated that you have no way to "get back" at Charlie? You have one (at least for many people): switch to D*. If you're upset about the lack of new channels and you can switch, but don't, then you have only yourself to blame.

I would agree with you if I didn't have a significant investment in equipment. I can't just switch providers everytime the wind blows a different direction. I don't have $500 - $1000 to blow everytime one of these companies starts to slack in value. However, if the wind continues to blow this way, I will have no choice but to switch. Until then, my first recourse is to complain until someone hears.

They had shut down production during the writer's strike, so the 2nd half won't be ready for a while.

I love the 622/722 DVR... I'd have a hard time switching. My only complaint is I would love a DVR which allows me have two room output in HD. Or two HD-DVRs that can communicate / share programming with each other.

I would agree with you if I didn't have a significant investment in equipment. I can't just switch providers everytime the wind blows a different direction. I don't have $500 - $1000 to blow everytime one of these companies starts to slack in value. However, if the wind continues to blow this way, I will have no choice but to switch. Until then, my first recourse is to complain until someone hears.

Sorry for the misunderstanding...that was what I meant by "can". Of course there are good reasons why some subs can't switch (I have one) and for those people this all s***s. It's just that I feel safe in saying there are many subs who could switch with no meaningful penalty but keep hanging around, believing every rumor that is floated, thinking new national HD is "just around the corner". All this does for those people is make them frustrated and give them ulcers when, IMHO, they could feel so much better by taking things into their own hands and switching.

Sorry for the misunderstanding...that was what I meant by "can". Of course there are good reasons why some subs can't switch (I have one) and for those people this all s***s. It's just that I feel safe in saying there are many subs who could switch with no meaningful penalty but keep hanging around, believing every rumor that is floated, thinking new national HD is "just around the corner". All this does for those people is make them frustrated and give them ulcers when, IMHO, they could feel so much better by taking things into their own hands and switching.

No worries. I would consider it if I thought it would be the last switch and I liked Direct's equipment. It would be great if they both opened up to outsourcing/third-parties and someone made a universal box.:D Maybe someday...

Until then, I have something to complain about. ;)

I read October.

DISH Network is going to launch a number of national HD channels over the next few months, such as:

Note that the CSR did not say dish is going to launch those channels. Dish is going to launch "a number of" channels "such as"...

its always amusing when the "new guyz" get info from a CSR, and they actually BELIEVE THEM!!

"junior members", repeat after me...
CSR's have NO CLUE as to what new channels are being released...

Just do what I've been doing for BSG. I download the bittorrent or newsgroup version of the episodes the next morning and watch it on Saturday. They are ripped from SciFi HD and sometimes even have AC3 sound. They are widescreen and DVD quality, so way better than the compressed 4x3 broadcast you see on the SD channel.

I have a modded XBOX with XBOX Media Center, so I watch a lot of TV shows I miss this way. Great for catching up on a show you didn't start watching from the beginning.

I find that this eases my frustration waiting for Dish to add channels when I can get them from another source in the meantime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts