Finally Had Enough! -- Moved to Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobiii

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 23, 2004
Palmdale, CA
I finaly had enough with bad picture quality, pixelating, and such. Moved to dish with more HD and I must say they picture quality is way better. In case anyone is interested...
I have the following for sale since I don't intend on going back.

1 HR10-250 with an extended 5 year warranty.
2 Samsung SIR-S4040R SD receivers
1 Directv Plus receiver R15 Mfg 500
1 Hughes HD receiver Handles both ASTC and NSTC signals.

Make me an OFFER!

ZERO balance on all receivers.

It really is kind of funny considering your March 12, 2004 switch from E* to D* and your firesale at that time. Only 19 posts and 2 switches. Will we see you back with D* around post #30?

FlyingJ said:
It really is kind of funny considering your March 12, 2004 switch from E* to D* and your firesale at that time. Only 19 posts and 2 switches. Will we see you back with D* around post #30?
Hey, give the guy a break! E* has tons more HD right now than D*, and much less (ie: under 100%) of the HD content is HDLite.

There's nothing wrong with changing providers. He stuck out his two years, and is moving on.

I was with D* for a few years before switching to Voom, and haven't been back since. It's not that I didn't like D* as I actually really enjoyed it. However, I won't switch back now because of the lack of HD content.

-John

BTW, was with Comcast for a year, and am now with Verizon FIOS TV. :cool:

Isn't it funny how every time one of these "revelations" for a change come up, people want to "announce it" - I guess CNN didn't find it newsworthy.

The Dish threads have the same thing for folks abandoning themn to go to D*TV. Either way, the whole idea of these self-serving therapy announcements is lame.

I just went to the mailbox and got the Monday mail - please alert the media. :rolleyes:

I think these posts merit as much credit as those poster that post that they have subscribe to a particular service and everyone jumps in and welcome him/her to the new service.

There are many reasons why switching a provider and I think it deserves attention because it is good information. Why would you switch provider? The poster had a good personal reason which may be good information to a lot of people including the service providers.

I went back because I realized that picture quality was better at dish than direct. Yest it took me two years and not because I had a two year committment. I had no committment. I left Dish because they didn't have that much HD and I'm going back because they now have more HD and I find that their 622 receiver works faster than the h10-250. I will not stay just to brag that I have 5 hearts in my account.

That’s funny, friends in the business who have both D* and E* say D* has the best HD picture. I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do to make yourself fell better.
Bob

LittleDishGuy-> How in the world can D* be better than E* in HD picture quality? I don't see how anyone can say that? D* is the only provider I know of doing 100% HD-Lite. I don't know any other provider dishing out HDNet or DiscoveryHD in HD-Lite. Correct me if I'm wrong.

-John

I have not seen it for myself as I only have D*. Dealer friends that have both and watch on fairly decent monitors (50” Pioneer Elite Plasma) say D* on the new H20 is better overall than E* from whatever HD receiver they offer.
Bob
jgantert said:
LittleDishGuy-> How in the world can D* be better than E* in HD picture quality? I don't see how anyone can say that? D* is the only provider I know of doing 100% HD-Lite. I don't know any other provider dishing out HDNet or DiscoveryHD in HD-Lite. Correct me if I'm wrong.

-John

little dish guy said:
That’s funny, friends in the business who have both D* and E* say D* has the best HD picture. I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do to make yourself fell better.
Bob

Your friends in the business are smoking crack..Either that or they are blind..Or possibly they are just plain idiots..

little dish guy said:
I have not seen it for myself as I only have D*. Dealer friends that have both and watch on fairly decent monitors (50” Pioneer Elite Plasma) say D* on the new H20 is better overall than E* from whatever HD receiver they offer.
Bob

My friend (hes a dealer) says the Earth is flat...Must be true...Im gonna spread the word :)

I had them both at the same time before they got the Voom channels and D* had a much better picture. I thought E* was sending HD-Lite also. I had Voom also at the same time and it blew them both away. Sure miss them.

little dish guy said:
Bob
Your friends need glasses. Or their sets calibrated.:rolleyes:

Both providers have been proven to be broadcasting their HD in HD-Lite.

Give the OP a break, he was just stating why he switched. Heck, my wife and I are about to switch to Comcast because of the crappy HD selection and because of constantly getting told "We will have new HD soon."

Neutron said:
Both providers have been proven to be broadcasting their HD in HD-Lite.
Not quite a fair statement since ALL of D*'s HD is HDlite. (discounting ESPNHD) Doesnt E* deliver true HD on everything except the Voom channels? At least everything that both services offer.

Sean Mota said:
The poster had a good personal reason which may be good information to a lot of people including the service providers.
While that may be true, it virtually leads to this same insults from the same 2 posters every time - saw this coming:
guffy1 said:
Your friends in the business are smoking crack..Either that or they are blind..Or possibly they are just plain idiots..
vurbano said:
Your friends need glasses. Or their sets calibrated.:rolleyes:
This routine had gotten old.

Satmeister said:
While that may be true, it virtually leads to this same insults from the same 2 posters every time - saw this coming:

This routine had gotten old.

No, the routine of spreading blatantly bogus information on what is supposed to be an informative message board is getting old.

Also, pay attention..The OPS statements have nothing to do with "what you saw coming"

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts