Finally made the switch!

Gobucks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2012
Ohio
After all the AMC,Big Ten Network and locals BS I have finally made the switch to Dish!! My installer came out and was fantastic!! I got the two Hopper one Joey set up. I really only wanted two Hoppers. So my installer being the cool ass guy that he is called Dish and took the Joey off the work order and I was set with just the two Hoppers!!!! He got everything set up and again did a wonderful job!

The Hopper receivers are a lot better than my old HR24 and HR23. Their so much faster and the UI is better IMHO. I got everything set up on them including wifi and a sling adapter. I still need to get used to the guide and channel numbers but all and all I'm pretty damn happy with it!

I do two questions for you guys. I got the top 200 and I thought that included The Pac 12 Network. I see it's in my package on the Web Site. Lats question. How do you get the sling adapter to work? I have it plugged in and it shows up on the dishonline site. I have the Dish app on my Razr Maxx. I'm logged in and able to see the guide and all that but you hit live TV and it says "make sure your Dish receiver and mobile phone are connected to the Internet. They both are. I still get that message every time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again guys!

If you are not in the Pac-12 DMA you will need to subscribe to the Multisports Pack to get it turned on for you. I subscribe to AT250 which should include Big10 Network but since I am in ACC country in NC, I had to get the Multisports Pack addon to get Big10 where I am. It included NFL Redzone which was worth it for me!

As for the Sling Adapter do you see a red light on the top of it? If not try another USB port. Does your Hopper show as connected to the internet if you go into Menu, Network Setup, Broadband?

Thanks for the info sir! Yea the lights red and it says its connected on Dishonline. I wasn't able to watch on my Macbook either. It says for mobile you can have up to 5 mobile devices authorized. How do you get them authorized? I went in through the remote sling site and hit the go mobile and nothing.

When you logged into the Dish mobile app (I have the iphone app) when you click on the More button at the bottom, what does it show next to My Receivers? Does it have whatever you named the Hopper with the sling attached and a green dot or does it have something else there?

I cannot check dishonline.com from work to tell you about that as it is blocked by our corporate IT. I have not had to "authorize" any mobile devices, I just log into the Dish app. I have both an iphone and an iPad that both work with my login without having to do anything special.

Welcome to the Dish side :) as with the Direct side, alot of good information and resources for questions you may have!

When you logged into the Dish mobile app (I have the iphone app) when you click on the More button at the bottom, what does it show next to My Receivers? Does it have whatever you named the Hopper with the sling attached and a green dot or does it have something else there?

I cannot check dishonline.com from work to tell you about that as it is blocked by our corporate IT. I have not had to "authorize" any mobile devices, I just log into the Dish app. I have both an iphone and an iPad that both work with my login without having to do anything special.

I finally got it to work! Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the Dish side :) as with the Direct side, alot of good information and resources for questions you may have!

You can say that again. Everyone here answered all my questions before I switched from Direct. Plus Matt from DIRT helped me get my order set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)