Finally upgrading to genie soon

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm going to be doing the SWM swap tomorrow on my setup and was wondering what was the best approach as to the receivers? Originally I was told to unplug my current receivers then after the swap plug them in and run setup again, but I was also told that it's easier to leave them plugged in due to the fact that sometimes they can get stuck on the acquiring satellite screen, so I'm just wondering what the best approach would be?

Well I got it all done. I can't believe how easy it was to switch. My plan is to now set up the HR44 this weekend.

I use to do the same as you, but in the last 5-6 year, I allow them to do the install, I'm obviously there and know all thats going on ...

I could have done my HR44 my self, but decided that seeing I needed a SWM 16 and that was over $100, I decided to let them supply the equipment.

Had I been able to get away with a SWM 8, I would have done it myself. (cost was the issue)
Wow! I only paid $35 bucks for my swm16 & I thought that was pricey! I think the HR44 I paid $180...

Well HR44 Up & running as of 10 min ago. So far so good. I will give the remote a try for a few days and then go from there.

I think I'm going to keep the small remote as I like the RF. Some of my Bell receivers have it and it's a nice feature.

Question. I just moved my HR24 upstairs and I have not kinencted the HR44 to my home network yet but somehow I'm able to see recorded events on the 44 on the 24? I'm assuming it has something to do with SWM? In fact it appears all my receivers can now see what's on the 44

Next question. I'm still learning the ins & outs of the genie. I currently have a HR44,HR24 and H24 in my setup. I can see what's on the 44 on the other two, but what do I need to add to my setup to be able to see what's on the HR24 from the HR44 & H24?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I now have the same setup as Blackoz. Called Directv last Tuesday and asked when my 2 year commitment was over. The lady said you're currently out of contract. Of course she asked why I wanted to know and I told her I was weighing my options going forward. She ended up giving me $15 off per month for a year and upgrading my equipment. She tried to get me to replace my H25 for a client and install the Genie in place of one of my HR24s. I told her I'd rather keep both HR24s and just add the Genie. She set that up and then I told her I have a couple of local channels that I would like to record, but need the OTA tuner. She said hold on and let me look it up. She said it's $50, but I can throw that in for free. The installer showed up Friday and I asked what he had for me. He did have the HR44 so I let him proceed. I told him that most recommending cancelling the install if he showed up with an HR34. He said that's what he would do because he had seen lots of problems with the 34s. He had everything going in less than an hour. He had to run the additional lines from the dish to my house which is farther than usual. I told him if he'd run all 4 lines as new I would bury the cables and mount the SWM 16. He said sounds great and got to work. I honestly preferred burying the cables and mounting the SWM myself. That way I was able to mount everything under my deck in a location that won't get wet and it's out of sight. I have to say I'm really enjoying the setup. The HR44 is fast and smooth and having 9 tuners of recording will definitely guarantee no conflicts. When he was setting up the HR44 he said this is the new remote. I hadn't seen one in person yet. He said just hang on to that old remote because you'll be tossing this new POS in a drawer within an hour. Turns out he was right. Other than the new remote everything works great and my wife is super happy because she doesn't have to learn a new channel lineup or remote.

I'm glad it's working well for you. The older white remote doesn't do rf with the HR44, only the new RC71 remote will.

I ended up keeping the small remote as I do enjoy the RF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One advantage of the HR44 over the HR34 is that it does simultaneous rf/ir so you can have a white remote in ir and the newer remote in rf and not have to go through the menu to change it from one to the other.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)