Intriguing big new feature?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Been in test for a while now. When you tune to a channel it has the replay button arrow icon, hit it it actually will start over the program, but how it works is it downloads just like the VOD on the 1000 channels.

Been in test for a while now. When you tune to a channel it has the replay button arrow icon, hit it it actually will start over the program, but how it works is it downloads just like the VOD on the 1000 channels.

Is this different than when you leave a tuner on in one room and tune to that channel on another tuner and it asks you if it wants to start over?

They could choose to do this only for the most popular shows or channels at first to see if this will be used enough to be worth while doing. If someone already has a DVR then they are getting most of the shows that they want already. I see this as a better feature to see any show that has been aired in the past day or even the past week in case you missed it or the DVR did not record it or a weather event prevented an entire show from recording.

That is something I rarely use, unless it allows us to stop and go back for rain fade.

Last night, I lost the last 5 minutes of Hannibal due to rain fade - 771. Now if it could somehow stop it until the rain passes and it resumes, this new feature will be handy. If it can't. Well then, it is a feature I'll probably never use.

I missed the Season Finale to both NCIS's this week due to weather, it recorded fine, but the picture break up was bad enough I didn't want to try to piece it together.

I missed the Season Finale to both NCIS's this week due to weather, it recorded fine, but the picture break up was bad enough I didn't want to try to piece it together.

This is the worst part of having a dish!! It don't go out often but when it does, it's ALWAYS during a show you've really been wanting to watch

I have the feature in test on my reciever because I participate in the CE program, ch 9231 , when you see the channel in the guide it has a replay arrow in the title . Once you tune to the channel a channel banner pops up on the bottom of the screen telling you to hit rewind. That brings up the screen like when you go to a on demand channel/ The light bubbles moving around on the screen, then after about 10 plus seconds the show starts and you cant ff or rw.

I have the feature in test on my reciever because I participate in the CE program, ch 9231 , when you see the channel in the guide it has a replay arrow in the title . Once you tune to the channel a channel banner pops up on the bottom of the screen telling you to hit rewind. That brings up the screen like when you go to a on demand channel/ The light bubbles moving around on the screen, then after about 10 plus seconds the show starts and you cant ff or rw.

I've seen that before, but didn't really know what it was all about.

I just went to the Food Network on the channel you mentioned and for some reason it didn't pop up.

This only pops up on certain shows. Not sure if they had to come to special agreements with the content providers for this or not.

So I guess it will be limited to which channels it will be available on, and then to limit it further, which shows on those channels.

I agree it will be great for those rain fade events. Though without the ability to FF, it does kinda suck.

I saw it for the first time yesterday while surfing the guide. This will be great when I see something that looks interesting but had already been on for a while - it will let me start from the beginning rather than in the middle.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have since seen it and used it earlier tonight, however, they dis able the FF feature, so you can't really catch up to Real time.

It would really be a very good feature IF they allowed FF on it, you Can reverse, but no FF.

I find it extremely annoying when I tune to a channel with this "feature" and get the banner that pops up. Is there any way to turn this off?

Tony

I tried disconnecting my internet connection, but it is still there. There doesn't seem to be any setting to disable it.

A real glitch in this new feature, if you record on one of the channels using it and stop the playback, it auto deletes the recording!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts