Finally Voom on west coast on 129

goaliebob99 said:
How Likely is that wouldnt they need a superdish to pick up voom channels then sence amc 6 is FSS?????????????

Something about AMC 6 may only be a backhaul to EchoStar and not a delivery medium to subscribers.

JohnH said:
It is a Canadian slot.
Whatever uplink is sending the signals up there must be licensed to communicte with EchoStar 5 at 129w. It is likely the VOOM Channels are on AMC 6 Ku, but EchoStar could be receiving them from Rainbow 1.

My bad it is DirecTV using the mexican slot.

Nonetheless Echostar has authority to communicate with that satellite from the FCC and will use a licenced uplink facility. So it can broadcast anything it wants with it. Echostar does not need an FCC license for each and every signal. It can send gibberish to that satellite if it wants.

Echostar and Rainbow have a business agreement so Echostar will uplink the Voom channels as long as it complies with the business contract between Echostar and Rainbow. Regardless how Echostar is getting the signal to send to the satellite it has every legal right to send the Voom content up.

Hi,

I live in Portland and have been waiting for Dish to have Voom available to the west coast. So does having Voom on the 129 satellite mean that if I get dish i will only need one satellite on my house to get both regular programming and HD programming? And if it only requires one satellite is the programming for sure going to stay on 129 because if I switch I don't want to risk having them take voom off that satellite.

Thanks.

Hey guys, I asked this in a different post and have not received an answer: I have an old legacy dish/lnb Dish 500 system, can I swing it from 61.5 to 129 and use the legacy gear? Or does it require the newer gear?

Thank.

the type of gear doesnt matter. If it picks up 61.5 it will pick up 129 as well...

129/VOOM/Dish 1000 Questions

I have a Dish 500 (DP Twin) pointed at 110/119 and another Dish 500 (DP Dual) pointed at 61.5. I am wanting to install a FTA receiver system, but the wife will kill me if I install a 3rd dish. I was thinking about taking down the 110/119 Dish 500 and replacing it with a Dish 1000 in order to receive 110/119/129. I would then take down the Dish 500 at 61.5 and replace it with an FTA dish.

My questions are: how permanent are the VOOM channels on 129? Will new MPEG-2/MPEG-4 HD be added on 110/119/129? Will new MPEG-2/MPEG-4 HD be added on 61.5 that won't be replicated on 110/119/129?

Also, could I continue to use my DP34 switch with the Dish 1000 to support three receivers (two 811s and one 942)?

riffjim4069 said:
My questions are: how permanent are the VOOM channels on 129? Will new MPEG-2/MPEG-4 HD be added on 110/119/129? Will new MPEG-2/MPEG-4 HD be added on 61.5 that won't be replicated on 110/119/129?

Also, could I continue to use my DP34 switch with the Dish 1000 to support three receivers (two 811s and one 942)?

Like has been said many times, nothing at 129 is announced so it can't be taken as permanent.

As for the dp34, you woul be fine, you will be using up all the receiver outputs with your config so if you plan to expand or replace an 811 (single tuner) with a dual tuner box in the future, you will need another dp34 switch or replace the DP34 with a DPP 44 and get seperators.

SatinKzo said:
Like has been said many times, nothing at 129 is announced so it can't be taken as permanent.

As for the dp34, you woul be fine, you will be using up all the receiver outputs with your config so if you plan to expand or replace an 811 (single tuner) with a dual tuner box in the future, you will need another dp34 switch or replace the DP34 with a DPP 44 and get seperators.
Thanks. Unfortunately, it looks like my FTA system will continue to be on hold pending E* announcing their future satellite plans. Ugh! In the future, I am going to replace at least one 811 with a 942/962 so I will be adding a DP34 switch. I don't feel like paying $$$ for a DPP-44 switch, plus my home is already pre-wired with RG-6 in anticipation of the VOOM multi-tuner HD DVR (don't need separator).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)