Finding 119

jsprad2

Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
I have a 1000.2 and a 211 and I cant find 119 to save my butt.
I can get 129 strong aiming too far west. I'm at 67654, Northwest Kansas.
Are these #'s correct az.201 ele.39 and 112 for skew? What am I doing wrong? Thanks!!!

I have a 1000.2 and a 211 and I cant find 119 to save my butt.
I can get 129 strong aiming too far west. I'm at 67654, Northwest Kansas.
Are these #'s correct az.201 ele.39 and 112 for skew? What am I doing wrong? Thanks!!!
Try repointing the dish. Move it SLOWLY!!!!.Then check the receiver's software version by pressing the "system info' button on the front panel....Current version is.....Aww crap.I don't have it here..You'll have to call Dish..Anyway...If repointing the dish does not work..Then disconnect the satellite in cable from the receiver ,then run a check swicth to clear the matrix..Reconnect the cable and run Check switch again. If you are hitting the other two birds, you should be getting 119..The possiblity of a bad LNB does exist.....Please keep the board updated on your progress...

I was using the center of the bolt as an index for my elevation. I didn't see the metal edge on the inside of the slot. After that it took about 20 sec. to find all three birds. Is a 68 acceptable for 129? I have 86 and 88 for the other two.

Looks a little low

I was using the center of the bolt as an index for my elevation. I didn't see the metal edge on the inside of the slot. After that it took about 20 sec. to find all three birds. Is a 68 acceptable for 129? I have 86 and 88 for the other two.

Signal strength seems a little low on all birds. If you can peek it to get a little more will be better. Go with the strongest that you can peek it to.

The numbers I came up with were 201.9 for the azimuth and 39.9 for the elevation. I'd bet that bumping the elevation up a degree or two will fix the problem.